20

It's about to go down.
Don't forget to comment and vote!

____________________________

Zito's P.O.V.

Its been a whole two weeks since Brynn hasn't been here and the house just isn't the same. Enzo mopes around in his own little world. Mauro doesn't say anything at dinner anymore, Luca hasn't stepped foot out of his room and even the guys who didn't particularly like Brynn have been unexpectedly quiet.

It sucks not having her around anymore. She doesn't make us watch her favorite movie, the Goonies, every Monday night.

I believe her words would be "Why not end on a good note on a bad day like Monday?"

We don't hear the loud muffled sound of Fall Out Boy that blared out in her room during the day and no one has had a prank pulled on them since she left. It's like when she left she took the fun with her.

I miss my best friend and I can tell Mauro is really regretting his decision but that man is too prideful to admit that.

"Mauro?" I knock on his office door and slowly open the door. I see Mauro sitting at his desk with papers piled high surrounding him. His head was laying down in his arms on top of his desk.

I hear some grunting coming from the poor excuse of a man in front of me.

"Boss?" I hope he's okay.

His head shoots up, I guess he didn't hear me enter the room.

"What are you doing in here?" He snarls at me. "I didn't hear you knock?" His rhetorical question is harsh.

"I knocked I promise." I defended myself. Man, Mauro looks like crap. His dark circles under his eyes are worse than I've ever seen them and it looks like he hasn't brushed his hair in a week. "Boss are you okay?" I ask while still examining his face.

"What? Of course I am. Why would you ask such a thing?" He gets defensive and runs his hand down his face knocking some papers on the ground.

"So...how would you feel if I go and clean out Brynn's room? You know since she's gone and we need-"

"DON'T YOU TOUCH THAT ROOM." He cuts me off and confirms my theory. I knew he's upset about Brynn leaving but it's his fault she left. He didn't have to kick her out, but I've known him since I was 16 and I know he is too prideful.

Right when I was about to ask him why he would let Brynn go, the alarm we have set up in the house for intruders starts to go off. I look around wondering whats going on. I see Mauro and he has a straight look on his face. Panic starts to set in the pit of my stomach, because of the unknown that's happening. Who set off the alarm?

I look out the office door and see the S.W.A.T. team coming straight for the office. How did the police find us? I slam the door shut and lock the deadbolt to buy us some time.

"Boss we gotta get out of here right now." I say urgently running to him at his desk and trying to get him to stand up.

"Whats the point anymore." He sounds defeated.

"BOSS the police are here. We're gonna go to prison!" I scream hoping it'll light a fire under his ass for him to get up.

"I guess Brynn got back together with that cop. What was his name again? Jamie? John? Jordan?" He leisurely sits back in his chair.

"His name is James now LET'S GO!" I manage to get him to stand up but he still looks uninterested.

BANG BANG BANG

My head shoots up and looks at the door that's skating from the baracade they're using. They're gonna force down the door.

"NYPD open up with your hands in the air." A deep voice demands from he other side of the door.

"Boss we gotta get out of here before they lock us up." I pleaded from behind him trying to get him to move.

"I don't even care anymore Zito. It's such a waist of time. Everything is such a big waist of time now." His voice is filled with sadness and guilt. "She is with him now. It's useless."

BANG BANG BANG

"NYPD come out with your hands in the air!" They repeat but more urgent.

"Boss we don't have time for your pitty party right now! Brynn is gone because of you!" I vent the emotions I've been feeling these past couple weeks.

The only response from Mauro was a few grunts coming from his throat.

I hear the doorknob start to jiggle and the wood crack from their impacts.

BANG BANG BANG

Fuck. We're out of time. Mauro isn't budging from his spot. I have to get out and get help. We have allies in the French Mafia, maybe I'll leave and get their help to break everyone out.

I turn to my left and see the secret door to the panic room we had installed in Mauro's office for the exact reason thats happening right now. I take a run for it and slip into the panic room right when the NYPD burst into the office.

"NYPD Put your hands up!" Four guys with their outfits that say S.W.A.T. on their chest knock down the door and yell. I look at Mauro to see his hands up in the air surrendering. I see a fifth man walk in behind the S.W.A.T. team with his hands on his hips.

"Well well well, Mauro Beneveti or should I call you Sam?" He smirks at my boss. "You know when I saw you with Brynn at the diner I was a little suspicious on if your name was really Sam, but thanks to Rebecca, your little informant, she spilled the beans to me shortly after." He grabs a pair of handcuffs from behind his back.

Why isn't boss doing anything? He's just standing there with his head hung low. I'm so confused. Why isn't Mauro fighting or trying to escape? He's just letting the police take him willingly.

"I finally found you. I can't believe I have finally found you and because you were so wrapped up into my ex-girlfriend. I wonder if you know you made a mistake bringing Rebecca into the mix." He walks behind Mauro and grabs his hands behind his back.

What is he even talking about? Rebecca? That slut that used to hang out around the house? She was a worthless piece of crap.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you-" his voice drowns out since I start to think of an escape plan.

Ok. Everyone is captured and I'm the only one to be able to help them.

I've decided I should wait in the panic room while all the police decide to leave. I don't want them finding me and putting me in jail with Mauro and the gang.

It's up to me to get everyone out.

I think I need to find Brynn.
———-

Hello!! I'm on vacation so that's why these updates are a bit weird. Honestly too half of this chapter I was intoxicated while writing so I hope it makes sense lol.

Don't forget to comment and vote!! <3