18

hello! Been feeling a little discouraged lately so it's hard to write sometimes.

Hope you're enjoying!

———————————-

"W-what?" I stutter out, still not believing what I'm hearing.

"Get. Out. Of. The. Car." He says slowly with hatred laced all around those words.

"You are really going to kick me out of the car?" I bring my arms up and smack them down on the arm rest feeling defeated by his authority.

"What? I'm not kicking you out of the car. Get in the passenger seat, I'm not letting you drive anymore. You're too much of a liability." He scrunches his face looking at me like I'm crazy. "Geeze Brynn, I may be a Mob Boss but I'm not a psychopath." He steps out of the passenger side making sure there aren't any cars coming his way before getting out.

I feel this slight pain in my chest as I got out of the driver side. I've never felt this pain before and I can't describe it. It's almost like I just lost something I never had. It's like a pain you feel when you're on social media and see a sad puppy dog not getting adopted, because you know you can't do anything to help them. Except that this pain won't go away when I scroll passed it.

We switched seats in a matter of a minute cause I may have dragged my feet to the other side of the car. I slumped in the passenger seat of the car while breathing out a long huff. This whole time I've been on the break of tears and nothing has fallen yet. I'm trying really hard not to let that dam break so the salty water doesn't start to flow down my face like Niagara Falls.

I hear the engine fire up but I keep my gaze on the window and the world outside of it. Honestly, I'm glad he took over driving cause if I had to drive back the house I'd probably run us off the road.

The car jerks forward as I hear the gears grinding in the car. He isn't as experienced as he would like for me to know with a stick shift, I thought. I wince at the sound and look over to his hand trying to man handle the gear shift.

"You're grinding the gears." I said as quiet as a mouse.

"I'm not grinding SHIT." He bursts out at me. It startles me and I just fall silent after that.

We get on the main road and our conversation is obsolete. I wanted to say that I don't want to leave so many times but my pride is too great for me to relinquish that information. I could see his grip on the steering wheel tighten from the corner of my eye causing his knuckles to turn white. I've pissed him off royally.

I mean, everything I've said is true. It would be one thing if I lied about him causing all of these problems. I'm no liar though.

My hands are clammy in my lap as I fidget with my fingers. I feel my anxiety growing in the pit of my stomach as we quickly approach the turn to get on the gravel highway they call a driveway. This is it, I'm finally leaving after being here for a whole month.

I feel the car adjust as the wheels hit the gravel. Mauro is taking his time down the driveway probably to insure no rocks hit his precious car. I look out the window and see the beautiful white house I've taken a liking to slowly make its way in my vision. The pain in my chest tightening the closer we get. I hope this pain goes away soon.

I see the black Jaguar Zito and Luca took to get food parked up front. They must of just got home. Then the unthinkable happened in my chest, the pain got worse because I soon realize I'm leaving Zito, Luca, and Enzo. They were there for me when I was at my lowest. I was the only girl in that house most of the time, except for the occasional hoe, Mia included. They took me under their wings and made me feel welcomed. What kind of thanks is it that I'm leaving abruptly and out of the blue?