39 - A What?

Ashton's (pov)

Everything escalated so quickly that i didn't got the time to process it. But as soon as i saw Ruhina's body collapsing i ran towards her, i heard the gun-shot and turned to see if it is paul who shot it but thankfully it was Ethan who shot Paul on his heart.

The ambulance was ready and on standby. They got the stretcher and we all hurried our way to the hospital.

It was 6 am, the surgery went well but the doctors informed me that they have lost Ruhina 2 times during the surgery. Now she is stable and might wake up next or next next day. I prayed and thanked the lord above again again for saving her. It was scariest moment of my life, its like everytime someone is trying to snatch Ruhina away from me. But now enough is enough, i won't let anything come in between us.

She has went through so much in her life it's unbelievable. I admire her strength and love for her closed ones and i feel that i am the luckiest man on earth, now that she confessed her love to me. I will try and always cherish it never taking it for granted as i did at the start. Never again.

i was half asleep on the chair situated near Ruhina's bed when my mom along with other family members came running into the room.

"Ashton you need to see this." my mother said turning on the LCD hanging on the wall.

"world's richest woman was turned into the hospital and rushed for the surgery, yesterday around 3am, if we to believe the sources the forever disguised billionaire go by the name Ruhina harrison. The sources researching on this disguised billionaire have the strong proofs that she is 'the woman' we are searching for ages. If she is really the woman who have 35 five star hotels, 12 charity hospitals, 74 different factories and the list goes on......one serious question rises that what if she is not able to survive? Who will be the owner of her immense legacy. The billionaire miss. Ruhina harrison is said to be admitted in one of her own hospitals named 'Adithan'. For more information on this intriguing billionaire stay tuned to our channel EV5. Mia frenz reporting with the camera man Nial Roy, thankyou."

A what?!! Billionaire!!!

" there are reporters outside in huge numbers, Ethan has increased the protection here. I am feeling so guilty, i time and time again accused her of being a gold digger, life ruiner and what not. Oh god how will i be able to face her again. When she called and accepted me as her mother she stood by that daughter title and what i did? I didn't trust her enough nor did i gave her a chance to defend herself. I am the worst mother on earth" my mom was crying hysterically holding Ruhina's hand. Apologizing her again and again.

" no Raina you are not the worst mother, i am. I was her own mother still i was not able to understand her, i thought may be at the time when she got kidnapped, she went on the wrong path of mafia and all. I never gave her a chance either. She was always putting her life in danger to save ours. Look where she is now. I am a stain on mother's name. "this time it was Ruhina's mother.

I just really hope Ruhina forgives them.

It was now midnight when Ethan entered the room.

" How are our brothers? " i asked him.

" they were treated day before yesterday itself, when Ruhina escaped them. They are fine now just resting." Ethan informed. My woman is amazing, now i am feeling like she is a superwoman or something.

" how did the media got the information?" i asked him my another doubt.

" it seems there were people appointed to research about Ruhina's identity. And when one member came here to her hospital to collect some information, he saw us rushing Ruhina in and the doctors and staff gossiping about the honour being admitted. The man added two and two. "Ethan's voice held irritation.

" don't worry everything will be fine we will get through this too. I hope Ruhina wakes up soon" i sighed.

Ethan and i stayed the night in the hospital. Ruhina and my parents were staying in hospital too. My parents with my brother and Ruhina's parents with her brother.

Ruhina's elder sister and brother in law came yesterday to check on all three of them and went home. Because not more than two people are allowed to stay with the patient.

Its already been two days and Ruhina is yet to wake up. I came back home to freshen up when Ethan forced me to do so.

Upon returning to the hospital i could hear the people talking in Ruhina's room. I walked inside and saw that the doctor is checking on her.

I stood at one corner of the room taking her all in and repeating in my mind again and again that she is fine. But still i need to touch her to assure myself. She time and time again put herself in perils for me. Damn i love her. Alot.

When the doctor left i ran towards her and took her in my arms keeping her injuries in mind. Then i kissed her lips softly, closing my eyes i cherished this moment with her, when her breathing got ragged i pulled my self a little and touched her forehead with mine. Mingling our breaths.

"i love you.... So much" i wispered.

"i love you too" she wispered back.

"i know" i said looking into her beautiful and deep black eyes.

Our families came rushing inside but froze at the entrance.

" i don't know Ruhina if you still consider us family after all we did with you. I just want to say i am so sorry and i know that just the word sorry is not enough, but i have nothing else to say to you except that i am sorry and this guilt is eating me alive. You are my daughter i should have believed you that you would never do such atrocious thing as joining the mafia. I am sorry baby girl, i am so sorry. I know you hate me but just forgive me and i will never show you my face again. "Ruhina's mother sat on her knees begging Ruhina for her forgiveness.

" Mamma stop it. I would never feel hatred towards you. Its not your fault you thought that i am part of the mafia, its my fault that i never let you people in. I thought i will protect you all in this way. I still love you mamma." Ruhina said opening her arms for her mother. It was such a beautiful scene, them reuniting.

" i am sorry too. I said so many hurtful things to you" it was my mother now, her head was lowered and tears were running down her cheeks.

"mom come here i have forgiven you long back" Ruhina said. And they hugged it out.

They were still in a hug. When our fathers came forward. Haha its like this is 'ask forgiveness hour'.

"baby girl i know we have not said anything to you but we have not said anything to stop them also and there is where we were wrong, we too didn't believe in you."Ruhina's father said.

" i am sorry Ruhina" both our fathers said simultaneously.

"Oh come on lets have a group hug" i shouted. And everyone came running, but being careful of ruhina's wounds.

It was time to discharge and we all along with Adin and Alex headed towards our home. Home sweet Home.

I was greatful to Ethan because he was able to get us out of the hospital without the paparazzi trail.

The next day we were all happy and cheerfully having our breakfast. After the breakfast we all sat in the hall to reconnect.

"Ruhina i think we should tell them about how you planned the destruction of paul" Ethan said.

" oh yes i am eager to listen how that fucker was destroyed" mom said excitedly.

"alright........ Umm i have planned 5 steps for him but before that i have something for Ashton..... Wait here" Ruhina said and went towards our room. What could it be?

****************************