Memories

As jimin arrived at the school he looked around and saw many other parents also waiting to pick up their kids. The bell had yet to ring, so Jimin decided to take a seat on the bench that he usually would sit on. The bench over looked the playground by the school. As jimin sat there he thought about jiwoon and remember all the memories they had made together.

One memory that came to jimin's mind was when he had first said his name. It was a good and bad memory but definitely more good than bad. The memory started with him, Bogum and jiwoon sitting in the kitchen. Jiwoon was almost 1. He was sitting in his high chair waiting to be fed by jimin.

Jimin picked out the type of food he wanted to feed jiwoon, which happen to be apples and bananas, then pulled a chair up to sit in front of jiwoon. Bogum was drinking coffee while reading the newspaper in a nearby chair at the kitchen table.

Jimin opened the small container of food and grabbed the spoon to stir it up a bit. Jiwoon was happily making random noises and banging his little fists on the tray of his high chair. Jimin looked up at jiwoon, grabbed his hands lightly and said, "Stop that baby, you're gonna hurt yourself." Jiwoon looked at his mom and for a second jimin could have sworn he understood what he said because once he let go of jiwoons hands jiwoon didn't bang them anymore.

Jimin smiled at jiwoon, grabbed the spoon and put a little bit of food on it. He made airplane noises as he flew the spoon towards jiwoons mouth. Jiwoon smiled
while opening his mouth and gladly accepted the food.

After a few minutes half the container was gone. Jimin and jiwoon were having fun just making noises with each other and laughing. Once Jimin looked back down to grab the spoon to put a little more food on it, jiwoon said something that made him stop his movements.

Jimin looked up with a shocked face, then turned to Bogum, who looked unamused and asked, "Did you just hear what he said?" Bogum looked up and replied in a monotone voice, "No." Jimin turned back around to jiwoon and smiled. Then he asked, "Baby can you say that again? Say mama."

After a few minutes of nothing jiwoon finally said, "Mama Mama." Jimin was so happy that he started to cry. He looked back at Bogum and asked, "Did you hear that now? He said Mama." Bogum finally looked up from his newspaper with a mad expression.

Jimin was now turned to jiwoon saying, " Yeah, that's right. I'm your Mama, baby." Jimin was about to pick jiwoon up from his high chair but all of a sudden he felt a tight grip on his arm. He looked over to see an angry Bogum.

Now before this Bogum had only been aggressive with him a few times. Jimin was confused as to what was happening as Bogum dragged him out of the kitchen, back the hallway and to their bedroom.

Jimin yelled at Bogum, "What the hell are you doing? We can't just leave jiwoon in his high chair all alone." Bogum didn't stop or look back, he just kept on going to their bedroom. Once inside, Bogum threw jimin on the bed and yelled, "Why does he say your name huh? Huh!? Why!? After everything I've done for him!"

Jimin was even more confused, "Why are you so upset? It's common for baby's to say 'Mama' first since we are the ones who carried them. It's okay." As jimin tried to get up from the bed and walk over to Bogum and try to calm him down, Bogum turned to him and pushed him back down on the bed. Bogum started to take his belt off while saying, "Since he wants to say your name first then you'll get the punishment."

With that Bogum turned jimin over and pulled his pants and underwear down just enough to expose his butt. Jimin was trying to wiggle out of bogums hold but he couldn't help that Bogum was stronger than him. After a few seconds, jimin felt the first slap of the belt on his butt. He froze not knowing what to do. Bogum then said, "That's more like it. Stay still."

Jimin didn't even hear what Bogum had said. Nor could he hear jiwoon crying in the kitchen. He couldn't hear anything. He was so shocked at what was happening. Bogum was hitting him repeatedly with his belt like some disobedient child. He felt degraded.

After what felt like an eternity, Bogum had stopped hitting him. Jimin just laid  there on the bed unable to move. He heard Bogum put his belt back on, then he felt Bogums hand on his butt. Bogum slowly rubbed over the area he had hit with his belt and said, "Baby, I'm gonna go to the store to pick up some ointment for this while you take a shower and get cleaned up."

With that Bogum left and Jimin slowly pulled himself up off the bed, pulled his pants up and walked out to the kitchen. He saw jiwoon crying but as soon as jiwoon saw jimin be smiled. Jimin still had a plain face on as he carefully sat down and started to feed jiwoon again.

Jimin was snapped out of his daze by a little boys voice. A voice that so happen to belong to his son. He looked at the direction his son was coming in and smiled. He slowly stood up and squatted down as jiwoon ran into his arms. They stayed in the tight hug for a few minutes until Jiwoon pulled away and frowned. He reached his hands up to wipe at his moms face and asked, "Mommy, why are crying?"

Jimin was so caught up in his daze that he hadn't even realized he was crying. So he quickly moved jiwoons hands away from his face and wipe his own tears away. And smiled at jiwoon and said, "They're just happy tears. I'm happy to see you baby. I missed you all day." Jiwoon smiled and said, "I missed you too Mommy."

Jimin stood up with jiwoon in his arms and started making their way back home.

The two had no idea that a few feet away sat jungkook who saw the whole scene. He saw when jimin first got there and sat on the bench and how he saw jimin staring off at nothing. He saw how jimin's face turned into a sad expression and then how tears slowly fell from his eyes and ran down his cheeks. He wanted so bad to go over and comfort him. To bring him into a tight, warm embrace. The only thing stopping him was the fact that he didn't want to get to close to Jimin just yet.

He didn't want jimin to tell him everything because he was caught up in his emotions. He wanted jimin to have a clear head when telling him everything at his own pace. It didn't matter if it took a few weeks or months. All that mattered was he will help jimin and jiwoon if it was the last thing he did.