XXVII

JUNGKOOK

"jungkook!!"

Taehyung yelled as I was making my ways up the stairs to their apartment. He was standing in the doorway and looking pretty worried as a Hoseok popped up behind him with just the same face as his boyfriend. I was still numb just thinking of the situation I was in right now and it had only now hit me that I had been cheating on my precious girlfriend. The bigger plot twist being that she was doing the same back. When and why had our relation together gone this far from being perfect?
I finished my way up the stairs and ran right into Taehyungs arms who engulfed me in a comforting manner.

The tears were already making their way down my cold cheeks as I was pulled inside and the door was pushed closed behind us. Hoseok locked it before he walked further inside, probably to give me and Taehyung some time. I felt dizzy. The questions I had from the beginning about why Lisa was being so hard to approach could have possible answers now, but there definitely more questions inside of my head.I felt so confused. I hated myself for ending up like this. I loved her so much. Why did everything have to get this way?

How long had she been cheating on me?
Did she know I was cheating on her?

Minutes later, maybe even hours, at the moment I couldn't care less about time, I had stopped crying. Nobody was talking. We were sitting on the sofa. The tv was switched off. It had never been this quiet between us three before. But nobody dared to speak. Nobody really had anything to say. I felt troubled. I knew I had to talk. Open up. Explain. Cry. Just get lost in myself to understand and realize what was truly happening. But I didn't know if they knew about me cheating. Heck I didn't even know if they knew that Lisa was cheating on me. Was she even cheating on me? Could I trust Yoongi just like that?

My lips started to tremble as I tried to think of what to say in this situation. As I finally gathered courage to talk, Hoseok was quicker.

"Jungkook.."

I bit my lip as I nodded, my mind quickly thinking of jimin doing that and I felt myself back in the guilt. Just the amount of thoughts that were of Jimin instead of Lisa made me realize I was truly a dick. A cheater. I once again felt my eyes water.

"Help me... I don't know
how to take this"

I said shakily, too afraid to actually speak up so it came out as a whisper. In cue time Taehyung let go of me before staring into my eyes, his unreadable eyes meeting my regretful eyes. He closed his eyes as he sighed.

"I knew it"

Hoseok still seemed to not understand what Taehyung just realized so he just asked.

"you knew what?"

Taehyung sat up straight, scooting closer to Hoseok before starting to ramble everything he held inside.

"I found it suspicious that
Jungkook lied to Lisa about staying at
ours. I knew it was like this"

"what does that–"

"I was cheating"

Hoseok's lips turned to a small o as he looked down at his fingers in speechlessness. I started to sob as I repeatedly mumbled a "you are so stupid" to myself.
Taehyung said nothing as he waited for me to get over the crying. And I did. After another while of crying, I was too weak for anything. The tears simply didn't come out any longer as I just laid down on my back as I stared up at the ceiling. My mind was blank. Hoseok had left to the kitchen to cook us something and Taehyung had been drawing circles on my thigh quietly.

"You must think
that I'm stupid"

"I mean. A little. But remember,
I went through this myself"

I closed my eyes.

"How did you manage to
overcome this constant
urge to just blame yourself
for everything?"

"I don't know, Jungkook.
I guess I realized what caused
me to do it in the beginning.
Even though the cheating was 100%
my fault, I had some underlaying reasons.
I still know it was my fault.
But I learnt how to see it from the
cheaters point of view for once.
It's just something I had to accept.
now tell me, do you have reasons?"

I opened my eyes. It was true. If Lisa continued to behave as we used to back in the days, I would've never even looked at Jimin, no matter how beautiful he was. Because Lisa was it for me. But as I felt unfairly pushed away, I noticed his presence. He had that playful vibe. My eyes widened as a picture of him smiling widely to me made my heart flutter.
In distress, I shook the picture away as I sat up. I knew that it was my fault. I couldn't blame her for it.
Taehyung was observing everything I did and stopped drawing circles before he continued.

"Just tell me kook.
You know me and Hoseok won't judge"

And so I did. I explained how she had been constantly distant from me and how I felt unloved by her. That made me come over to their house more.
And then I told him about my encounter with Jimin.
I felt sexually attracted to him. Really. But as I got to know him, I knew it was getting more than just sex.
But since I had Lisa, I pushed all my thoughts away. Just lived in the moment. But here I was now. Man I felt bad for both Lisa and Jimin. Both now that I thought about it, it could be possible that Lisa was cheating.

"I see you like Jimin now."

I nodded in defeat.

"Also, there's a reason
to why Lisa was so distant.
But you'll find out tomorrow.
They'll tell you."

"They?"

Deep down my question had already been answered. But I asked for reassurance.

"Yes."

I wanted to ask further about them but was interrupted by Hoseok.

"Food is ready!!"

-
B
O
R
E
D
-

.. hehe?

-babyjimin