2 | Imperial Family

KATHRYN'S POV

"What wonderful friends I have. Friends ... who leave others to their own demise! Why did you guys just let me do something I shouldn't have done that night?! Do you know how much trouble I have to face just because?!" They were surprised to see me.

"Kat?! You're alive! Thank God! We were worried sick when you followed that stranger home! We did try to reason with you that night but you seem to know that man so we just let it go. Then we realised how anti-social you are and we got worried about your safety," wow. Just wow.

"So worried that you guys didn't even try to convince me to say no? We did something we aren't supposed to do! Did you know that?!" Their eyes widen.

"Like what? Tell us, all the details." I can't believe them. Don't they know how severe this is? Did they forget how close-minded my family are? How they believe that a maiden should be well 'intact' until marriage?!

I'm a disgrace in front of my family's eye now. What if my future husband as close-minded as they are? What if he looks down on me just because he's not my first? How would he react if I told him that my first was THE emperor of this empire who's actually a person who possessed two sets of genital?!

Oh, God ... What should I do? What should I say even?

"You know what, fuck this. I will never go out with you guys again." I turn around and walk towards my locker and get ready for my shift. I heard them apologising from afar but hell! If only I had said no in the first place. None of this would happen.

Anyway, I should be focusing on the task at hands. I can't screw up this job because ... this is my last resort. I'm pretty sure I can't nail a better job than what I have now. To even be a maid here in such establishment place is a dream come true for a person who came from my background.

Le Stella.

There are many places here in Gralia Empire that could match the taste of the nobility and all those rich wannabes but none says elegance and dignified like Le Stella. It has been established since the beginning of Gralia and it is known to be a place where the former Emperor Ferdinand asked for the former empress Violette hand in marriage.

Since then, it's a famous venue for young lovers to have their alone time together or to propose.

For me, all those things are bull. You don't need a perfect venue to express your love. All you need is love and why would you spend so much just to prove that you love your partner? I really don't get how nobility thinks.

"Kathryn! We have been summoned by the head maid!" My friend informed me since I was taking my sweet time preparing myself to look decent. I can't help it. I should've changed from my uniform before going out last night.

Now it's all wrinkle thanks to that emperor.

"You didn't go home after last night rendezvous? Please don't tell me you wore yesterday's uniform?" I didn't answer her.

"Kathryn! You know how perfectionist the head maid is." She helped to make me look presentable as we walk towards the head maid office. For her to summon us into her office the first thing in the morning must've meant something big.

We look at each other before knocking on the head maid's door. After we heard a soft 'come in' we open the door and bow our head.

"Kathryn, Levi. Just the people I want to see." The head maid smile from ear to ear when she saw us walking in.

"Good news! You have been selected to be serving a group of members from the imperial family for today. Just take it, it's not every day a rookie like you two have such an honour bestow upon you," our eyes widen. This is not a coincidence. This is His way to make fun of me!