27 | The Ex-Boyfriend

ALVIA'S POV

I have to admit. Staying a night with Kathryn's family is actually a nice experience. I get to see her real self without constantly having to worry about the way she brought herself in public.

"Here you go," Ben, Kathryn's brother offered me another bottle of beer. Honestly, this is my first time drinking beer and I don't hate it. There is a certain taste that makes it different from the wine or liquor I normally consume.

"I hope it suits your taste. It's the most boujee beer I could find in the store. And trust me, it cost a lot more than our usual beer," Lestalia immediately glares at Ben for saying that.

"He didn't mean to be rude, your highness." I raised my hand.

"Lestalia, you don't have to be so formal with me while we're out of court. Just call me Alvia," I have her a wink before taking a sip of my beer. Honestly, it burns my throat but I just can't stop tasting this poorly made beer.

Is that how the manufacturer draws its customer? By making it so addictive that you just can't stop drinking it.

I noticed Ben looks around as if searching for something before facing me.

"Now, What is your real agenda marrying my sister? As the older brother, I can't help to feel overly protective of her. I don't want the same thing prom incident to happen again," things just got real! I obviously can't simply give him an answer if he decided to bombard me with this question.

I took another sip of my beer before facing him. Wait, what happened at her prom?

"I'm pretty sure that no one could give you a straight answer if you stare them down like that. But since you asked. I have no ill attention. I truly in love with your sister. That's a fact," Ben lean back to his seat and sigh heavily.

"What happened at her prom? Kathryn never mentions that. Actually, she never mentions anything about her life to me. I suddenly become curious about it," Ben chuckled.

"If she decided to not tell you anything about her life, then I shouldn't be the one telling you. Even though I'm older than her, but even I'm scared of her wrath. You have no idea who she is if someone ticks her off." I think I did witness that part of her.

"What are you guys talking about?" Kathryn walks back to the backyard with more marshmallows.

"Oh, nothing. Just asking Alvia here how many chicks he sleeping with before deciding to make you his bride," Kathryn raised her eyebrows at me.

"Oh really? How many?" Ben smirks.

"I don't think I have enough fingers to count them all," What the! He's getting me into trouble purposely!

"Don't trust anything he said. You know I only ever with Tatiana," Kathryn took a bottle of beer from the table and went to sit next to me.

"We don't know that. You went abroad for your education. Who knows what you were doing with those foreign ladies," Kathryn chuckled. I then realised she's teasing me. I smiled

"What about you?" I asked. Ben literally glared at me when I asked her.

"Ben, calm down. I'm over it and since I'm about to be your wife, maybe you should know a bit of my past," Hmm. This is getting somewhere. I've been wondering about her past.

"When I was in high school, I had a boyfriend. His name is Matt and he's the same age as Ben," so, to put everything in perspective, she's dating her brother's friend?

"So, you dated your brother's friend?" I asked. She nods before taking another sip of her beer.

"He was my first true boyfriend and he's quite the gentleman when we first met. I really was in love with him until one day he asked me to go to the senior prom with him," the prom again. I guess I'm about to know what exactly happened at prom.