43 | It's almost Time

THIRD PERSON POV

"Is it difficult to walk around? Is there any alteration I need to do, my duchess?" Kathryn looks at her reflection in the mirror and tries to walk around with her wedding dress.

In the end, she ended up choosing a classic white wedding dress. There was a lot of debate among Alvia's and Kathryn's grandmothers. One side wanted to see Kathryn in a typical wedding dress while Kathryn's wanted to see her wearing a traditional Korean wedding attire altogether.

There were debates among them, but in the end, the bride's input was the ones that mean something.  

"So Alvia will be wearing a male version hanbok? So this would be like a modern-traditional wedding, huh? I like it." Her majesty commented while she looks at Alvia's unfinished hanbok.

"Make sure to make room for the Gralia crest on her dress. I love it. You once again outdid yourself." The seamstress bows to the former empress.

Kathryn agreed and once again, she looks at herself in the mirror.

"This is my wedding dress. This dress is the one," The seamstress was glad to hear it. She had spent countless hours finishing the dress, and it's always such a rewarding moment for her when her clients like her masterpiece.

"Your mother made my wedding dress. Did you know that? And you did the same for my daughter-in-law.  And who knows, you might be making my future granddaughter as well." The seamstress smiles at the former empress.

"Anyway, have you completed the other dress?" Kathryn was surprised.

"Yes, your highness. As you've requested, I made it better than the ones you had. It'll show power and sophistication as the duchess walk down the hallway towards her new throne." The seamstress went to grab a beautiful red dress complete with its cape.

"What about the crown?"

"As you requested. I've designed something different than the ones the royal gallery has. The last time I visited the royal jeweller, they put a few extra finishing touches. It will be ready before the succession." Kathryn was surprised at the revelation.

"Normally, the future empress will be the one choosing her crown, so I'm sorry for getting in your way. But, after spending some time with you, I think I know what kind of person you are and what kind of things you like." Kathryn reaches out for the dress with a smile.

"It's beautiful," Kathryn was excited when she turned to her mother and grandmothers.

"Who would've thought that my tomboyish daughter would be wearing a dress and marrying the emperor." Kathryn's eyes widened when her mother said something she told everyone from her family to keep as a secret.

"Mom!" Kathryn's mother suddenly realised what she had said, but it was too late. Both Alvia's grandmothers were listening and also her mother.

"We have a lot of things to discuss. Let's have lunch together." The former empress smiled at Kathryn's mother as she leads her out the door. Kathryn feels defeated.

"I'm screwed. My mom will tell the former empress everything!" The seamstress could only give the future empress a sympathetic smile.

***

"Is it complete?" Freida nods her head when she presents a golden box in front of the emperor.

"It is complete. The golden rose that you requested is here. It was given to me by the royal goldsmith this morning. He apologised for not be able to make it. He has a few meetings to attend to regarding the duchess's dress. He said for some reason, the seamstress needs a gold thread." Alvia raised an eyebrow.