7 | The Moon, The Earth & The Sun

ALVIA'S POV

It's already 5 pm.

Maybe I should take a short break. I'm pretty sure I've done most of the things that Fred had given me before he went out. I guess I can continue to finish it all after my break. With a smile on my face, I clean up my desk and grabbed my phone before walking towards the door.

"My emperor, where are you going?" Asked one of the maids when I walk out of my office.

"I would like to see the sunset. Do both of you care to join me?" They smile before nodding their head.

"Come then. Follow me," I lead the way towards the stairs that will bring us to the top floor of the palace.

"Are we allow to be here, my emperor?" One of them asked as we walk up the stairs.

"Sure. Everyone is allowed to be here. These stairs will lead us to the empress sky garden where she kept all of the precious rare flowers that she collected from all around the world. Everyday her chamberlain would come here and tend to it." I push the glass door open and let them enjoy their first time here.

"This is beautiful, my emperor. We were told by our superior to never step out of bounce when it comes to visiting the imperial family's garden or chamber. We really appreciate this experience." I smiled at them before taking a seat at the bench that's overlooking my mother's garden.

The smell of rare flowers mix with top-rated soil does bring some kind of relaxation remedy for my troubled mind. Nothing can beat Mother Nature when it comes to peace and happiness.

When I open my eyes, I realised that the maids were standing behind me.

"How old are you two?" I asked.

"We're both 19 years old, my emperor," so young. I remember when I was 19, I haven't fully accepted the fact that I am going to take the throne. I was wild back then but these two. They don't have that leisure.

"How did you manage to get a job here at the palace?" I asked while admiring the flower.

"There was an announcement so many we decided to try our luck and thankfully, we were chosen by the head maid. We tried to enter Le Stella academy but they told us we're not the people they want to have in their workforce." That's harsh.

"Well, at least here you get to have fun, yes?"'I smiled before facing them.

"Have you two ever fallen in love?" They look at each other before nodding their head.

"There is someone waiting for us back at home. We're actually trying to save up so we could get married. They're both working for the duke. Their pay wasn't much but it's still a job," that's determination.

"That's good that you two manage to find someone to love. At least you have someone to look forward to whenever you went back to your village," they seem happy to talk about their partner. But, they're so young. To think about marriage at this age? Why don't they just have fun for a little while?

"My emperor, do you ever fallen for someone before?" Hmmm ... maybe. I just smiled at them.

"Have you ever heard of the famous legend about the moon goddess, the earth god and the sun goddess?" They shake their head.

"Well, if you don't mind hearing the story from me, I would be glad to tell you two about it," they both nodding their head eagerly.

"Long time ago before the moon, the earth and the sun became what it is today, it was believed that they actually look a lot like us. Like humans. And like humans, they were given the ability to feel, to touch and to breath like us. That includes the feeling of falling in love." I started to tell the story.