34 | Reali-tea

ALVIA'S POV

I woke earlier than I usually did and I don't hate it at all. Having someone beside me when I woke up really does makes a difference. How was it possible for someone to be this beautiful even in her sleep?

After a few minutes staring at Kathryn's sleeping feature, I think I had enough boast for the day. It's not every day I manage to wake up before she did. I don't know how she can function properly waking up earlier than anyone else in the palace.

Yesterday events must've taken a hold of her. It was smart of Freida to filming the meeting yesterday. Even though I was sick yesterday, I can't contain the anger I had when they berated my empress.

It was smart of her to send them to jail for their crime against the throne. After giving myself the signature flick on my hair, I went out from the closet just to see Kathryn leaning back to the bed headboard while switching channels after channels with the remote.

"You up early. How are you feeling?"

"Better than yesterday. Since the headache is gone, I'm going to work today. I won't be here for breakfast but is it okay if we have lunch together?" Kathryn nods her head.

"I think I have a 2-hour break in the afternoon. I'll be waiting in the dining hall for you," she smiles. Maybe I should treat her to something since she has done so much for me yesterday.

"I was thinking that we should try out a new restaurant that just open. What say you?" Her eyes widen.

"Are you sure? We won't have any privacy at all. The mass media will literally chew us out," I walk up to her before giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll make the arrangement so we can have the place to ourself. Besides, I'm the emperor. They can at least close up the place for lunch," I assured her.

"But that won't do them any good. What about their loses?" This woman should think about herself more though.

"Kathryn, my dear. When I said I'll make the arrangement, what I mean was I will pay for their supposedly profit for the whole time we asked them to close the shop for us. I'm not like some royalty who won't acknowledge their people's success," Kathryn chuckled.

"Okay. Now I'm excited. I wonder what should I wear. Oh! Have a good day at work today. Please, don't push yourself too hard. And not forget that tonight we have dinner with the wedding planner. I hate to say this but I hope you'lol make it. I don't want to be alone for this," alone? Even if I'm not there, the countess should be there though.

But seeing her like this, makes me want to make time for her and this wedding. After all, it's my wedding too.

"I love you, my empress," Kathryn blushed in a deep shade of red when I pulled away from her soft lips with a smile.

I turn my back to her before walking towards the door. With the last wave to her, I walk out from my bedroom and meet both Freida and countess Genevieve waiting for us outside.

"You may go inside and help her get ready," the countess bows. Before she turns the knob, she turns to face me.

"Don't be too lenient to them, my emperor. The things they said to the future empress was unforgivable. They even mentioned about your in-laws. I'm surprised that the duchess didn't punish them herself. She's too naive and kind. I know I can't change her personality but maybe I can shape her up to be someone stronger," I smiled.

"Do what you must, Genevieve. You'll surprise yourself with how she does things around her. She listened but will do the opposite," Genevieve returns my smile before entering our the bedroom where I heard Kathryn yells at her for not knocking before entering.