37 | Reunion Gone Wrong

KATHRYN'S POV

Once again I ask myself as I awkwardly make myself comfortable.

Why am I at my high school reunion? Don't they recognise who I am? I know that I swore that I won't be attending any reunion that my school ever hosts but ... I don't know. When Genevieve told me that someone from my school contacted me, I just snapped.

Maybe I realised that this is my turn to show them that I am somebody. I mean, I'm going to be their fricking empress!

My high school experience was not what everyone expected. Partly because on my first day here, I went into a brawl with one of the popular seniors. Since then they made my life a living hell.

When she graduated, it gets worse because she basically poisons the other nobles to think that I just a filthy commoner. But then again, this is where I found love. Where I found Matt. He makes every day better. Whenever I was in a slump he's there to cheer me up.

But of course, when the incident happens where Matt tried to force himself to me because I keep telling him that I want to wait for a proper time, he just snapped.

Lucky for me I have a brother who keeps looking out for me. He manages to save me before anything bad happen.

"Kathryn Park? Is that you?"

"Refrain yourself from calling the duchess by her name," I place a hand on Genevieve's shoulder when she's making my friend uncomfortable.

"She's my friend," Genevieve apologised for her action towards my friend.

"So the rumours were right after all. You actually have your own bodyguard and advisor. My friend is going to be an empress," Why is she about to cry? I chuckle before giving her a hug.

"Wait! You're pregnant?" I asked.

"For the second time, yes," oh wow!

"May I?" I asked permission to touch her belly.

"Of course. I mean that's what everyone is doing tonight," she laughs. Whoa! Who would've thought that this friend of mine manages to get knocked up before anyone else who live their high school with a boyfriend or girlfriend?

"Duchess Kathryn, it wouldn't be a good picture if you continue to molesting this poor woman," I immediately remove my hand from Jennifer's belly.

"Genevieve! That's not nice," both Jennifer and I laugh.

"Look at what the cat dragged in. Miss Kathryn Park. I heard that you lure the emperor to sleep with you. Are you knocked up? Is that why the emperor choose you to be his wife?" I place both of my hands on the bodyguard and Genevieve's shoulder when they were about to teach that wench a lesson or two.

"Guys. We talk about this. There will be a lot of people like her tonight. I told you that my reputation when I was a high schooler was all that great. Besides, this woman married my ex-boyfriend," I give the woman in front of me a smile.

Genevieve gave me a look before facing the woman who suddenly attacks me with her words.

"Please be careful with what coming out from your mouth, ma'am. You're in the presence of the duchess. One slight comment about the duchess and the emperor, action will be taken. Please refrain from making both me and the bodyguard losing our patient," I clear my throat to gain their attention.

"That's enough. We should all try to enjoy this night. Okay? So Jennifer, how far along are you?" Before Jennifer could answer me, a voice surprised me.

"So, this is a high school reunion? Not bad," my eyes widen when Alvia suddenly made an appearance together with Freida and several guards who scatter around the gym.