23 | Tatiana

KATHRYN'S POV

"And now I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," I clapped my hands while the prince and his bride kiss in front of their family and friends while being recorded live by the news.

I can't help but steal glances at Alvia who kept his serious expression throughout the wedding ceremony. I wonder what's going on in her mind. It doesn't seem like her mind is here. Well her body is but not her mind.

"Soon, that'll be you in Duchess Abella's position," I watched as the prince's newlywed wife greeted her people together with her husband.

"Look at how she brings herself in the eyes of her people. That's what I've been doing to you. You may not see it for yourself but you've been improved," I smiled when I heard the duchess compliments me.

It's not every day that she ever say anything nice.

"Something is troubling Alvia. She's not having fun like he supposed to be," Even she noticed it huh. The emperor is not herself. She leans in to her mother and whispered before excusing herself.

As curious as I am now, I can't leave my spot. The wedding went smoothly and there was no incident that occurs before, during and after the ceremony. As court ladies, we were all instructed to go back to the palace and prepared ourselves for the reception next.

As I walk out of the church, people of Gralia were there, waiting to see the newlyweds. I remember to keep a smile on my face all the way to the car that was waiting for me.

"About time you show up," I was shocked to see the emperor is actually sitting inside the car with a small smile on her face. I question myself if this is the car that I'm supposed to take.

"Just come in," she said. Probably because she saw me contemplating to enter or not.

"Your highness, why are you here?" The emperor grabbed my wrist and pulls me into a hug when I close the car door.

"My emperor!" I turned my attention to the driver who kept his eyes on the road.

"Alvia, what's wrong?" I finally returned the gesture and hugs her back.

"Don't worry about the driver. I'm sure he understands. I miss you already. It pains me to be away from you. Let's just do the official announcement so we could be together," Alvia muttered. What a baby.

"I thought we agreed on letting Ben have his day. Alvia you shouldn't be too greedy. An emperor shouldn't do such a thing," she sighs heavily before pulling away from me.

"Why do you look gloomier than usual today? You don't even show any expression when your brother was getting married," I asked. She pushed back her hair making herself look more scrumptious than before.

God, I want to have a taste of her lips.

"I was worried that the people who had been causing a lot of trouble for us decided to attack my brother's wedding. We believe that the same people who hired that two assassins are the same person who burned down your house," Really now? Seems like I had become the unlikely target of this assailant.

"We still have no idea who and why they did all of this to you specifically. But Fred has his own theory. He said that maybe because of you likely to my bride," but I am his bride. Is that why there are people wants to kill me?

"Are you scared?" I slowly nod.

"That is why you shouldn't act alone. I don't know how but it seems the enemy knows that you're going to be the next empress of this empire. I need to make a thorough investigation to know who is actually trying to end your life," this doesn't seem like a happy wedding at all. Now I'm all worried about my own safety.