32 | Trouble In Paradise

KATHRYN'S POV

The soirée went pretty well even though it's my first time hosting it. Even her majesty was impressed by my performance. She even said that her first royal soirée wasn't this success. I was happy because it's my first time receiving such high praises before.

Of course, it didn't last if two of your guests constantly at each other throat all the time. On my right side, Countess Amelia, former emperor Ferdinand's mother is trying to convince Lady Alana, former empress, Violette's mother that my wedding dress should be all white.

Of course it's the traditional way and apparently, all of the royal weddings was based on the traditional concept. I was just telling them that I want to change it up, put a few colours here and there but it turns out to be a debate between these two.

Alvia seems to disappear every time they're getting ready to kill each other. Even her majesty is missing! Am I supposed to handle this alone?

"Ladies, please! We're in front of esteemed guests. I'm sure none of you wants to embarrass yourself," I try to reason.

"Oh, they know how we bond. This is our healthy way to express our differences," that is one messed up way to bond as a family.

"I won't let you planned the wedding according to your tradition. As Kathryn said, she wants colours for the wedding. Our Alvia deserved more than a plain old wedding," countess Amelia was ready to strangled lady Alana to death when I stopped her from taking another step forward.

This reminds me of a lot of my siblings' fights. I'm always the person in the middle getting all the hits. It's time for me to use my usual tone with my siblings. I just hope it works. Goodbyes good reputation.

"Ladies! Please! If you two can't be in the same place as an adult, I will have to ground both of you!" They gave me a look. Even the guests were astounded by what I just said.

"But we're ..."

"What did I say?!" I glared at countess Amelia.

"Grounded?! We're not childr-..." I turned to Lady Alana with the same glare. If they want to be a child, I'll treat them like a child.

"This is nonsense! You can't possibly send two grown-ups to their room! That's just utterly impossible," the countess must think I am joking around.

"Would you like to know if I'm serious, your grace?" They both shake their head before smiling at me.

"I see. Well, carry on. We won't be bothering you anymore," they quickly scatter away from me pretending to be having fun with each other presence.

"I can't believe you just did that!" I need a voice speaking behind me. When I turn, it was Alvia.

"Well, someone needs to be the grown-up here. At least I get to stop them from ruining this evening," Alvia chuckles before offering her arms for me.

"Where are we going? And where were you when I need you to stop your grandmothers from killing each other?" Alvia patted my hands was she leads me towards a group of women.

"Who are these women?" I whispered.

"Let me introduce you to the Malvin sisters," they all turn to face us before bowing their head.

"My name is Genevieve Malvin. These are my sisters, Clemence and Victoire," their presence seems different from the other guests that I've met today.

"Countess Genevieve will be your advisor starting from tomorrow. I have full faith that she will do you wonders," my eyes widen. Did Alvia called her a Countess?! Why would she even agreed to be my advisor?!