13 | Zimzalabimzi

THIRD PERSON POV

In a mansion not far from the main city of Gralia, a man in his 30's smiled as he watches a man being dragged in front of him.

"Kneel in front of your emperor." Said the person who dragged the poor man. The man refuses to do so because he knows there is only one emperor who he kneels for and it's Emperor Alvia. Not this self-proclaimed lunatic.

"Such a devoted follower. You do know nothing good ever happens to those who disrespect me, right?" Said the smiling man. The poor man looks up with rage in his eyes.

"Like we expected. The leader of the Resistance is none other that you, Sir Nicholas. What have you done to your own people, to your own duchy! How is it possible for you to do such cruel things behind the emperor's back?!" The poor man was slapped across the face by the person who dragged him in.

"Hiro, stop that. If you continue to do that, he wouldn't talk to me." Hiro stops and forces the poor man to face Sir Nicholas.

"Harry ... the patriotic, devoted and smart Harry. Do you really think that you manage to infiltrate my base? Sir Derrick need to train his espionage team to be more ... discreet when they're on a mission. I can smell rats like you from a mile away!" Sir Nicholas grabbed Harry's chin with his hand and look into his eyes.

"Fuck you and your emperor. Do you think that stupid emperor has what it takes to take over an empire?! He doesn't even have the smart for it! That throne is mine and mine alone!" Harry chuckled.

"You're not even purely royal blooded, to begin with. Do you think the former emperor doesn't know that your real father was the gardener? A commoner! Your mother may be the former emperor's cousin. But your family is not in line for the throne." Sir Nicholas pushes the poor man hard on the floor before kicking his side.

Harry tried to cover himself by hugging his knees but it's futile. It was when he coughs out some blood that sir Nicholas decided to stop. He took some breather before went back to his love seat and wipe the sweats on his face with a towel.

"Do you want to hear a funny story?" He asked while Hiro force Harry to get up on his knee.

"With the emperor's decision to let his future brides enter the forest, I also let some of my best hitman pretending to be the palace guard. It should be entertaining to see the emperor try to keep a positive attitude when one or two of his candidates injure or die while participating in such ridiculous way to find a wife. Who knows, it might even make him famous." Harry looks up with his eyes widen.

"Pretty sure those ladies will not make it when they came in contact with my hitman." Sir Nicholas laughed as he imagines the emperor's reaction.

"That's where you're wrong," Harry said weakly.

"And why would you say that?" Sir Nicholas was intrigued to know the reason why this battered man says such a thing.

"The ladies he chose is not someone you could simply look with your one eye closed. They came from a respectable family who has been friends with the imperial family for so long. Lady Luna came from a respectable family of soldiers. It's bound for her to have the same training as her brothers and sisters do." Harry explained with a smirk.

"Lady Natania may look like your typical girly girl. But when there's a time where she needs to protect herself, there is no doubt she'll use all the skill she learned from her father who was known to be the former emperor's shadow guard. Yes ... he's the same person who protects the former emperor from the assassination attempt by the neighbouring empire." Sir Nicholas chuckled but deep down Harry knows he's beginning to question his action.