𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐒𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞

~Vanessa's POV~

It was currently movie night with my parents and I, we were in the middle of a movie when the door bell rang.

"I'll go get it." I said getting up from my spot.

When I opened the door I saw one of my closest friends Jason drenched in water, trying not to cry with bruises on his face and having some bags with him.

"Jason what happened?!" I asked dragging him inside.

"I um- I had to my-" He tried saying but cut himself off by choking on his tears as he fell on the floor.

"Jay!" I said helping him up.

"I had to run away." He told me still crying as I hugged him.

"Oh Jay." I told him softly hugging him. "Come on."

"No, what if your parents call him." Jay said with fear in his voice.

"We have to tell my parents what he has been doing to you." I tell him but he shakes his head still scared. "I promise it'll be okay."

"I don't want him to find me." He said quietly as he tries not to remember the reason why he left.

"And he won't. But we have to tell my parents, you know we can trust them." I tell him and he finally agrees.

"Okay." He says.

"Okay, come on." I tell him as I close the door helping him with his bag.

When we got to the living room my parents finally saw Jason next.

"Oh my gosh Jason!" My mom exclaimed running up to us. "What happened?!"

"Are you okay? What happened?" Enrique asked worryingly coming to us. "Should we call your dad?"

"No! Please don't call him!" Jason said immediately as he tries not to cry making me hug him.

"Tell them Jay." I tell him still hugging him as my parents have a confused look but he shakes his head. "Want me to tell them?"

He nods his head still crying as I sit him on the sofa.

I turn to my parents who are now in front of us.

"What's going on?" Enrique asked confused.

"Jay's stepfather has been hurting him." I tell them and they gasped in shock. "He has since...since his mom..."

"But Jason's mom passed about three years ago." My mom said confused then her eyes widen. "Oh Jason."

My mom then went to Jay and gave him a hug. I then turned to my dad who had an angry look.

"We have to call the police." He said going straight to the phone.

"No!" Jason exclaimed. "Please don't I just don't want to be there anymore."

"Alright, calm down we won't call. Don't worry." Mom said trying to calm down Jason. "Wait how did you know this was happening Vane?"

"One time I went to Jay's and I saw his stepfather hurting him." I said trying to calm Jay.

"Why didn't you tell us then?" My dad asked me.

Jay was going to say why when I cut him off "Because I promised him I wouldn't."

"No Wolfy, if I have to say the truth so do you." He said making me sigh as my parents look at us in confusion. "When she came and saw what he was doing she pushed me away from him and threatened to call the cops and you guys, but when she did that he punched her too and threatened her. If she told anyone he would hurt her even worse but when he left she told me she was still going to tell you guys but I made her to promise me she wouldn't say anything."