Chapter 24

I woke up and went back to my hotel. I wore a swimsuit and went swimming, as always. Suddenly I remembered how Grayson and Jordyn were kissing. I thought that someone was suffocating me, so I went to the beach. I sat down and started watching the ocean. It was calm that day.

I saw Grayson approaching. "Hey, Pierce!"– he said to me. "Lockwood!"– I said without looking away from the ocean. "What happened?"– he asked me. "Nothing, what should have happened?"– I asked and finally looked at him. "Okay, you are just acting strangely!"– he said. I was silent. He sat beside me and said: "The trip to Las Vegas was great, wasn't it?" "Yeah".– I answered. We just sat there silently and nobody talked.

I got up and went to change my clothes without saying anything to Grayson. I wore short denim shorts and a crop top with different prints on it. And I went to the breakfast. I saw two seats available: near Grayson and near Dave. I sat near Dave. I looked at Grayson and saw him looking shocked about it. But I smirked and greeted Dave. "How are you? Long time not talking to you!"– he said. "I'm great and you?"– I asked flirtatiously. "This day starts great because of you!"– he said and smiled. I smiled, spinning curl on my finger. I looked at Grayson and saw him with tensed jaw and clenched fists. Then he hit the table and went to our table and pulled my hand to take me of the dining room. I laughed. "What happened, Lockwood?"– I asked laughing. "What are you doing near this bastard?"– he asked angrily. "Just talking!"– I answered. "I think the way you laughed and the way he looked at you, it wasn't just talking".– he stated. "Yes, there is something more. He invited me to the date tonight!"– I said. He put his head in his hands and said: "You won't go!" "What?!"– I said. "What you have heard! You are not going!"– he says slowly. "I will go! I don't need your permission!"– I said and went back to Dave. I don't know why I did it. I don't care about his relationship. He can kiss and make love with whoever he wants. But I wanted to make him angry, jealous... Although how can he be jealous of me, if I'm just a friend. When I said it to myself I felt hurt, heartache... Then Grayson came to me and whispered to my ear: "Never wear something short like you are wearing now!" Shivers went down my spine as I felt his breath on my neck, he smirked and went to his seat still locking his gaze at us.

Our teacher came and said: "Dear students! I have great news for you. Tomorrow in the morning we are going to San Diego! Take a lot of beautiful clothes to take photos! I hope you like this idea! Now continue eating!" "Wow, great! I love San Diego!"– Dave said. Grayson looked at me and smirked. "Yeah..."– I said still looking at Grayson

Everyone went to the beach. I also decided to swim with everyone. There were Jordyn and Grayson, of course. But I'm gonna ignore them, like I don't notice them. I found Dave and we decided to swim. We swam for a big distance and then emerged together. We were smiling. Dave was a nice guy, I think we can be friends and I feel bad for using him. And I don't even know the reason why I use him. He put his hands on my waist and then when we wanted to go out of the water and he put his hand over my shoulders. I noticed Grayson's angry look, but I looked away and we sat on the beach not far from them. He was joking, flirting and I was laughing and did such movements which made Grayson got up and pull me to the corner, again. "What now?"– I asked. "Stay away from this bastard or I'm gonna kill him!"– he screamed pointing his finger at Dave. "Why do you care about my love life so much?"– I asked with crossed hands. "Love life? I care about your safety. What if this guy's gonna hurt you?"– he said. "He is my friend, Gray. It's not like he's gonna rape me, duh!"– I said and rolled my eyes. "You know what? Do whatever you want!"– he screamed. "Thank you!"– I said with a fake smile, rolled my eyes and went back to Dave. I started talking loudly for Grayson to hear: "Dave, let's go to my room. Watch some movies?"– I asked. "Come on, baby!"– he said with a smirk and put his hand on my waist as we go.

We came to my room. He started searching for a movie. I changed my clothes into comfy ones. He turned on a movie which I don't like, some horror movie. I hate horrors! But I was still watching. Then he put his hand over me. In a little he leaned closer to kiss me, but I pushed him and got up from the couch. "I'm sorry, but I can't do it now!"– I said. "I understand, you broke up recently. I'm sorry!"– he said and I sat down and we continued watching. Suddenly someone called me. I went to my room and answered the call. "Hello?"– I answered. "Hey!"– Grayson answered. "Grayson? Whose number is it?"– I asked. "Jordyn's one!"– he answered like it's so obvious thing. "Wow, interesting. I'm busy! Bye!"– I said quickly. "What?! No! What are you doing?"– he asked. "Just hanging out with Dave!"– I answered. "But date is in the evening!"– he stated. "Yes, soon we will go! Byeee!"– I said and hang up.