Chapter 26

It was the second day of us being in San Diego. I woke up and went to the beach. First of all, I started thinking about everything that was happening that summer. Everything changed completely, and I don't know if I like these changes or not. I was looking at everything that was around me: ocean which was crystal clear, sand which was very warm, blue sky with some soft clouds and hot, tall surfers approaching me. "Hey!"– one of them said. "Hey".– I answered. "Are you a tourist?"– another one asked me. "Yeah!"– I said. "Boys, let's go, what are we waiting for?"– the hottest one said annoyingly. He was dark haired, with tattoo on his neck, hand and stomach, his eyes were chocolate dark. "Wait, we want to talk to this beautiful lady!"– the first one said. "Oh my god, you are wasting your time, she is just another stupid little girl!"– he said. "Excuse me!"– I said and got up. "What?"– he asked. "Do you think that you can say such things about me?"– I asked angrily. "And what will happen? You can't even swim!"– he said and smirked at me getting closer to me. "I am the best swimmer, jerk!"– I said. "Then prove!"– he said and crossed his arms. "No problem!"– I said and crossed my arms. "Me against you, princess".– he smirked. "Okay".– I said. Then we jumped in the water in the same time and started swimming. I started swimming by my favourite tactic. We had to swim to the place where his friend was sitting on the surf and then to the beach. I was very angry at Grayson, Jordyn and plus this guy. So this anger helped me to swim faster. I went out of the water and saw that I was first... I won! "See? You shouldn't judge book by its cover. Maybe I look like vulnerable little girl, who can't do anything, but it's not true..."– I said with a fake smile smile in the end and wanted to go, but he stopped me by grabbing my hand. "I apologize! But that's because I don't know you. You seem cool, do you want to hang out with us?"– he asked me. I said: "Let me think... No!" "Okay, okay! But if you are in the mood, just call me!"– he said and gave me the paper with his number. I threw it and said: "I am allergic to arrogant douchebags!" Then I jumped in the water to swim.

When I got out, there weren't guys anymore. But I saw a phone number of asshole in my bag. Apparently his name was Tyler. He left the note: "Sorry, princess. Sometimes I am asshole!" Hah! Sometimes? I went to the hotel and saw Grayson near the entrance. "What the fuck you were doing with the strangers? Getting more trouble? First was Jason, now these guys? I can't save you every time!"–he shouted. "Then don't. Just leave me alone! Stop! What was with Jason?"– I asked confusingly. "Someone drugged you at the party!"– he screamed. "And what happened then?"– I asked sadly. "I beat the shit out of him and took you to the hotel. You asked me to stay with you".– he said. My eyes started tearing up and I fell down. He caught me. I looked at his face and saw bruises and plaster on his head. Oh my god. He was hurt because of me. "Hayley! Are you okay?"– he asked. "No... I'm definitely not okay! I am so tired of everything. Nobody understands me, what I was thinking about when I agreed to go to the trip. I should have been left home. Nothing would have happened!"– I screamed and ran to my room. I was so hurt, I thought that this trip would be the best, but apparently it is not.

Someone texted me:
"Hey, princess".
"Tyler?"
"Oh, you saw my note! And what's your name?"
"How did you get my number?"
"Just looked in your phone!"
"Great".
"So what's your name?"
"Hayley".
I saved his number as "Douchebag"
He called me. I couldn't take the call, because my voice was sad, and he would start asking questions. So I declined the call.
"Why?"
"I feel bad, can't talk!"
"I can hype up your mood! Get out of your room!"
"No, I want to be alone!"
"Come on, don't be boring!"
"No!"
"Boring! Boring!"
"Shut up!"
"Or are you scared of me? Princess, don't worry, I won't touch you... only if you don't want me to".
"I'm not scared!"
"Then come on! I dare you to go with me on a date".
"No!"
"Chicken!"
"Don't call me that!"
"Then go with me on a date"
"Uggghh, fine!"
"Great! In the evening at 5 p.m."
"See you soon, douchebag".
"See you soon, princess!"