CHAPTER 5 - Sweet Romeo

Alina POV:

It's been over a week since I saw Romeo and ran out on him. I have come down with the flu and I can't be at the club, Mari made me call in sick. So here I am feeling sorry for myself, lying on the couch with a cup of tea, I'm in my unflattering pyjamas and warm robe with a top bun. I'm alone tonight since Mari is working and I hear a knock at the door. I sigh getting up and looking through the peep hole and get the fright of my life. I open the door, "Romeo? What are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too Alina," he says smirking and looking me up and down. "I heard my favourite dancer was off with the flu and I thought I would check in on you." I hear him speaking but it's as if my brain just stopped working, and I keep staring at him with my red nose. "Are you going to invite me in?"

"Uhm yes, sorry. Come in please Romeo," I say moving out of the way. He walks into my small apartment. "Sorry I wasn't expecting company, I look a mess," I say completely embarrassed. He looks like a million bucks, he has a dark grey suit on with a white shirt and his hair is styled to perfection.

"I was just on my way to a meeting; I wanted to ask you if you would have dinner with me? When you are feeling better of course." Romeo asks and I'm completely taken back.

"Excuse me," I say flustered and I walk to the bathroom and blow my nose and pinch myself that I'm not hallucinating. I stick my head out and he's still standing there and he gives me smirk. I shake my head and pull it back in and I walk out. "Romeo, it must be the fever, but I could have sworn you asked me to dinner?" I ask confused.

"Yes I was hoping by Friday you would feel well enough." He cocks his head to the side and smiles.

"Sure that would be lovely, I would hug you but I don't want to make you sick." I say a bit embarrassed, Romeo comes up to me and places a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Guarisci presto, bella," Romeo says as he makes his way to the door with a smiling Leo next to him. Leo winks at me and earns a whack on the back of his head from Dario and Romeo just chuckles.
(Get well soon beautiful)

Romeo POV:

I leave Alina's apartment and it’s on to business as usual. I want to see if there's more to this mystery woman. It's been a week and I can't stop thinking about her. I need to maybe fuck her to get her out of my system. It's time to go to the warehouse outside the city, Dario and Leo caught a rat in my camp. Luciano wants to meet us there, but my little brother has never had the stomach for torture, we always make fun of the poor guy but let's see if he can do it this time.

"Dario what info has this asshole leaked to Toscano?" I ask on the way there.

"Well Romeo as far as we know he has been giving away information on your sister Isabella, it seems like they were planning to kidnap her from school in Italy and traffic her for what we have no idea, except it has to be in retaliation for you sending back his cousins head." Dario says and that's enough for me, I nod.

"Leo speak to my father and let him know to up security on the family there, we don't know if Isabella is the only target." I say trying to protect my familia.

"On it boss". Leo answers as Dario informs me on the rat. His name is Rico Kane, a lower level asshole who took the oath to be a De Luca member.

"Well let's send a message to Vincent Toscano shall we boys?" I say smirking to Dario and Leo. We get to the warehouse, just outside of town, and head in. Luciano has met us there, its a quiet place where we are sure to have no disturbances.

"Luciano, this is not your thing, you don't have to do this man." I say to my brother who I know can never stomach this shit. He's a bit too soft and I try to keep him away, but he's so determined to be like us, hard and cold, but I know this isn't his thing so I don't force it on him.

"Romeo I'm fine." Luc answers, not wanting to look weak. I sigh.
We all take off our jackets and send the rest of the men out, we put on heavy duty rubber aprons, it helps keep the blood off. Rico is laid down tied up on a table, he's just waking up, he's bruised from a beating; eyes half swollen shut, looks like a broken leg too. He sees me, Dario, Leo and Luc dressed for the occasion and he is in full on panic mode. "Rico, Rico, Rico, what have you done? Feeding family information to the enemy. I want to know what you have told Vincent Toscano and I will make this easy on you, it's that simple, a quick death."

"Fuck you De Luca scum!" Rico shouts.

"I guess it's the hard way. Leo, bring the cutters I don't have much patience tonight." Leo hands me the cutters and I start the long gruelling torture, Rico has stamina though, I'm cutting off his seventh finger when he reveals some information.

"Toscano wants your mother too, he wants your father to suffer by taking his women, because you killed his wife's cousin and son." Rico says. I let Dario cut his leg with a saw, slowly and his screams are bone chilling for anyone who isn't used to them, we crushed some bones and used some acid on him. I hand Luc the gun, I'm done with this fucker, if he had any other information he would have spoken. Luc takes the gun but he gives the scene one more look and runs out to throw up, he comes back in and I shake my head and take my custom silver 9mm gun and execute him with a bullet to the skull. "Dario can you organise clean up? I'm done here, Tino can take you back," Dario nods and stays behind.

I walk out the building with Leo and Luciano. We get into the car with Enzo who drives us back to my house; it's been a long day of meetings, and killing. I just need some peace. "Luc, this is the last time you will be with us for torture unless I call you. Brother not everyone is cut out for this." He nods but doesn't say anything. Leo and Luc stay the night; I prefer it when the guys are here, less chance of someone attacking at my home.
I go up to my room and have a shower. Valencia gave me Alina's number so as I lay in bed I decide to text her.

Hey Bella, I hope you are
feeling better, please take
the week off and recover.
Romeo

I doubt she would be awake, I don't know what my fascination is with this girl. My phone beeps to my surprise, it's after two am.

Hi Romeo, having a hard
time sleeping, I'm feeling
a lot better thank you. Will
be at work in a day or two.
Thank you for checking in.
Lina.

I smile at her text, stubborn woman. I turn and decide I will send her some flowers in the morning, just go make her feel better. Sleep finally finds me and I'm out cold.

Alina POV:

I wake up just after nine in the morning, I brush my teeth and go to the kitchen, I see Mari has been up and made some coffee, I pour a cup and make some cereal. I'm a sucker for chocolate cereals; I usually just end up eating it straight out of the box. I get a knock at the door.

"Delivery for Miss Johnson." I open the door and the man hands me a glass vase with a huge bunch of red Tulips and pink Lilies with a few colourful roses, they happen to be my favourite flowers. I sign the board and he leaves. I take out the card after placing it in the kitchen counter and read the card.

"Dear Lina,
I thought you might need
something to brighten up
your day beautiful.
-Romeo"

I immediately text him back.

Good morning, I just
received the most gorgeous
flowers, thank you so much,
I absolutely love them.
Lina

I don't expect a reply but my phone beeps a minute mater.

Dearest Lina, you are
most welcome.
Romeo

I stare at the huge bouquet of flowers and Mari walks in looking a bit rough, she looks hungover. "Morning Lina, wow those are beautiful, who sent them?"

"Romeo De Luca, he knew I was sick and sent them to make me feel better." I shrug it off, but I have a small smile.

"Wow, that's unexpected, but truly quite sweet, just be careful, he is the Mafia Boss of all bosses, like the king." She says protectively. I walk over and give her a hug. "Woman, I don't need your germs, shoo!" She slaps me with the dish cloth and we laugh. I don't tell her about dinner yet, I have to get Friday night off.

Two days pass so slowly and I'm ready to go back to work. Its Wednesday so this is when the club starts getting busy, Romeo has been silent but I guess that's alright, I don't know if I want to get involved or be someone he sleeps with and gets rid of, since I haven't heard from him I assume he doesn't want to do dinner anymore. I decide to speak to Valencia, I need to stop being his exclusive lap dancer, I need to go back to how it was before, the stage and waitressing. I knock on her door. "Come in," I hear her.

"Valencia, do you have a minute?" I ask, she nods and waits for me to speak. "I was hoping you could get me off doing exclusive dances for Mr De Luca, I'm not comfortable with it at all, I prefer doing what I have always done." There it’s out; I hope I don't get fired.

"I will speak to Romeo; I can't have my girls uncomfortable. Thank you for going against your morals for this one." She says with a hint of a smile, she looks sad though. "Now I hope you are feeling better, I will get Hillary to keep him company if he needs it, you, Donna and Marie will do the main stage." I nod in thanks, but feel a slight pang in my chest over Hillary.

I get ready for the night, and it's time to hit the stage. I kind of missed it, I slip into white underwear for tonight, and unfortunately this requires a G-string since it is the stage. I do light make up, with frosty colours and do my hair in big curls, to give off an angelic look, I slip on my knee highs and white high heeled pumps and I'm ready. We do a teasingly seductive routine, twirling round the pole and some moves without it. I hear some regulars screaming for me and I can't help but laugh, when we get off the stage the tips from the men are amazing. I literally just mad a thousand dollars for dancing, I'm just so glad I don't have to remove my clothes.

I feel eyes on me as I get off the stage, but I ignore the familiar pull. I need a break so I go to the staff terrace before changing, I drink some water, dancing three songs is no small feat. I hear the door open and shut. I just assume it's one of the girls and don't turn around. "So you don't want to dance for me anymore?" My stomach drops, that deep voice with that slight Italian accent, shit.

I turn around, "Mr Dr Luca," I say staring coldly, giving nothing away, he walks closer to me and I back off, and I find myself against the wall. Nowhere to run. "I don't... I just don't think it's for me," I stutter. He moves his hand and touches my shoulder sliding his hand down my arm and I feel the tingle. He says nothing but stares into my eyes, blue to blue, its unnerving. He moves closer till he's flush against me, he smells amazing and looks absolutely amazing in his bespoke navy suit, no tie, top two buttons undone.

He moves to my ear and I can feel his warm breath moving down to my neck, he doesn't make any contact with my skin but moves up my cheek and he hovers over my mouth, his lips inches from mine, I can smell his minty breath and I feel his fingers trace the line from my collar bone to my breast, touching lightly. I don't move I'm paralysed, finally his lips meet mine. His kiss is soft, and I find myself kissing him back, I feel him pull me closer and I feel his tongue asking for access and I grant it to him, I feel my arms wrap around his neck, it's a dominant kiss, but soft and passionate all at the same time, I feel myself melting into him and my heart is thumping. I come to my senses and stop the kiss and push him away slapping him. "I'm not one of your whores!" He stands there his jaw twitching. I turn on my heel and storm off into the change rooms.

What the hell have I done!