CHAPTER 46 - Prince Charming

Alina POV:

I wake up in a plane, locked in a bedroom, looking around not tied up but my head is killing me, probably some kind of sedative. I hear some talking outside of the door, I try to open it but it's locked so I put my ear to the door and it's Spanish. Who the hell took me? Oh god Romeo is going to lose his shit when he sees my things packed and now someone has taken me, will he even look for me?

I made a huge mistake, we could have worked it out and now I have been kidnapped, what the hell am I going to do? I hear the lock on the door and in walks a man looking so confident and smug. "Alina Rachel Russo, nice to meet you, sorry about the sedative, we needed to keep this quiet," the man says and I'm shocked. He's so cavalier like he's speaking about the weather. I don't answer. "Where are my manners, I'm Marcello, I used to be a very good friend of Romeo’s, it's lovely to finally meet you," Marcello says and he reaches for my hand and kisses it. I'm not sure how to react; he's being cordial, nice even, what the hell is going on?

"Not going to speak to me? Now that's rude, let's try again. Alina, would you like something to drink or eat?" Marcello asks me.

Ok play it cool Lina. "Some water would be nice, I am a bit thirsty," I answer with no emotion, very little expression and he walks over to a mini fridge and hands me a bottle water, I take it and stop.

"It's sealed and not poisoned, drink," I notice this man has the same accent as Romeo, maybe not as thick but still quite prominent. I nod and open it taking a long drink, my throat is so dry.

"Thank you, so why have you taken me? I mean I expected to be shackled and chained up," I say shrugging my shoulders.

"People know who I am and it’s not necessary, you will comply or I will have Romeo, your friends and your family killed," he says like it's a normal thing to say.

"Alright, so what do you want with me?" I ask absolutely confused.

"Well let's not speak about that, but you are my guest, so you will be treated well," Marcello says and I'm still confused as hell that he's so nice and will think nothing of killing people I love. "So we are about ten minutes from landing in Spain, where I have a house we will be staying at, you will have clothing and a room there. Come on buckle up," he holds his hand out and I take it, he places me on a seat opposite to him.

I notice about four Spanish guys on the plane. I take a moment to silently look at Marcello, he's not a bad looking man, and he’s actually quite hot. Dark hair, some length to it, very dark brown eyes the color of bourbon in the light, and full lips, with designer stubble straight nose and I can definitely spot some muscles under that suit he's wearing, he's really tall, about the same height as Romeo, I spot an earring glistening under his hair. He's an absolute sin, but something about his eyes makes me uneasy, saying not cross him, but at the same time I don't feel like I'm in danger. He's Italian but with the Spanish Mafia? Strange.

The plane lands on the strip and we are let off, Marcello is holding my hand and helping me down to the tarmac. I can't even make a run for it, I'm literally in Spain, where would I run too? Shit this is not good. I really need a plan. Marcello leads me to the SUV waiting, "please get in, and we can make our way home," Marcello says and I'm taken back, home? I don't fucking live with you - I think to myself. It's a half hour ride to a massive compound, but beautiful modern mansion. Don't these men ever just live in a two story and call it a day? It's going to be so hard to escape.

"Do you like it?" Marcello asks sounding dare I say it, hopeful.

"It's beautiful," I murmur, and Marcello gives me a huge beaming smile, so beautiful it can only be from the devil himself, it’s so mesmerising. "So I'm a prisoner here?" I ask leaving a bitter taste in my mouth.