CHAPTER 40 - Psycho Mancini

Alina POV:

"It's quiet in the house; I guess everyone went to sleep?" I say more asking Romeo, it's a bit strange, and we weren't gone that long.

"Lina, stay behind me," Romeo says scaring me slightly. He walks silently over to a panel by the wall, scans his finger and it opens revealing two guns, which he takes and loads it. Oh God, I hope he's just paranoid.

Romeo motions for me to take one and to follow him; I remove my shoes to make no sound. My heart is thumping as we make our way over to the sitting room where we can very slightly see everyone in the room looking terrified. Romeo and I lean a bit more and we see Luc, Alfonso and Jake tied up, Isabella and Sofia are sitting holding each other tears running, the men look a bit beat up. Romeo motions me that he's going to the other entrance and I nod. Isabella sees me but looks away quickly, then I look at her hand and she's pointing in front of her and I see a woman speaking in Spanish to some other man, totally unaware that we are in the house. I can't help but see she's pretty, light brown waist length hair, dark brown eyes, slim and she could be a model. I hear the woman shout, "if he's here find him! I want Romeo De Luca! I don't know what he sees in that bitch Alina, from that weak Chicago crime family!" I feel my heart thump and drop to my ass.

I spot Romeo and he shows me that he's going to enter and I should cover him. I vaguely wonder where all the security are, but I nod. "Francesca, you were looking for me?" Romeo says, and I see four other huge men come out and two of them grab him holding him and Romeo shows me to wait. My heart is pounding, I realise this is Mancini's daughter.

"Romeo, finally you're gracing me with your presence", Francesca goes to him and stands in front of him and gives him a slap, then gives him a kiss and Romeo pulls his head away in disgust. "I wanted you dead, but alas I have a way out for you, if you disagree your family will be shot one by one, and I mean they won't be breathing after this."

Romeo's father shouts, "get your filthy hands off of my son, you psycho bitch!" She walks over to him and knocks him over the temple with a gun.

"Now is that any way to talk to your future daughter in law," she spits at him. "Yes, Romeo, my father wanted my brother to marry that bitch of yours thinking he would get more control. You see my brother and him always were small minded, he did propose that we get married but my brother was too obsessed with that bitch Alina, he never really listened to me, now I'm doing what none of them had the balls to do, get the Mancini name tied to the Mafia King, you Romeo," Francesca says laughing like a lunatic.

I sit stunned. I hear a noise behind me, and I almost shoot but then I see Tino limping in trying not to make a sound, and showing me to be quiet, and I nod, he's bleeding from his side. I nod and Romeo glances at us and he looks at me apologetically and Romeo starts speaking.

"Francesca baby, you're right, I should have pushed harder. You know it's always been you right, since that one night years ago when we were seventeen, I knew it was you I wanted. You kissed me and it was love at first sight, I had to listen to my old man," she motions for the men to let Romeo go. Romeo walks over to her slowly; Isabella, Sofia, Luc and Alfonso look on in astonishment, shocked out of their wits. He takes her into his arms and I see Tino now on the other side behind Romeo and Romeo kisses her and it makes my blood boil. He has some serious fucking explaining to do, I thought he would never touch that psycho bitch and they had a thing when they were teens? He has really shit taste in women, Hillary, Julietta and now this bitch? Fucking hell, I am going to kill all of them, ok not the point right now. I nod toward Tino and we take our chance.

I move and shoot two of her men and Tino shoots the other two, Romeo pulls out his gun and holds it toward her head, I don't even want to know where he hid it. "I thought this bitch was dead!" Francesca screams.