CHAPTER 36 - Crumbling Walls

Alina POV:

We had a bit too much wine, so Tino is our ride. Sitting in the back of the limousine Romeo puts his arm around me, and I gladly fall into it, the city lights dancing around the car providing me with enough light to see his beautiful face. So handsome, his dark hair perfectly styled, his beautiful eyes, every time I look into them I get lost in it depths, his straight nose and pouty full lips, so kissable, don't get me started on how good he smells, it should be illegal. He's just perfect, I'm sure on another life Romeo could have been a model, he's that good looking, how this man with beautiful heart to match became mine, I just don't know. As if feeling my eyes on him Romeo stops checking his messages on his phone and slips it in his pocket and looks at me. My heart suddenly picks up speed, it's not like I haven't been through hell and high water with this man, but it just feels like more now, like we crossed some invisible line that has made everything more intense.

Romeo turns slightly and slides his hand into mine. "What are you looking at sweetheart?" Romeo asks with a smirk.

"Just looking at you, I don't know how I got so lucky, you could have had any woman you wanted," I say truthfully.

Romeo stares at me, his face unreadable, for a second I think I might have said something wrong. He puts up the privacy glass and looks back down to me. "But my heart chose you, my stone cold heart wanted you. I never thought I would love, or be loved. I am the Mafia, it's who I am, and to find someone who truly accepted that, and didn't do it for fame, money or just connections or what they could get out of me. When I saw you it was game over, even if I didn't know it right then, it was love at first sight, you were just different." Romeo finishes and my heart just melts, I lean over and give Romeo a kiss, a real kiss from all my heart and soul, which he returns with just as much passion and love.

I move onto Romeo's lap sitting sideways and he holds my waist, gripping lightly as I put my arms around him, Romeo slowly runs his hand down to my thigh and the kiss gets more heated. Romeo slowly kisses down my neck, my coat falling open slightly down my shoulder. My heart picks up as Romeo begins to kiss me with more urgency his hand coming up from my waist and I stiffen slightly and Romeo pulls up my fallen coat and just holds me, running his thumb over my cheek looking into my eyes. "I love you Lina, we can take things as slow as you want. I don't want you to feel obligated in any way, holding you is enough," Romeo says sweetly, his voice full of emotion.

The car rolls to a stop and Tino opens the door and I move off Romeo and he takes my hand helping me out. "Tino, check with Dario if there's anything to report on tonight's security, if it's important let me know, otherwise all men to keep their distance around the perimeter of the house and be on guard all night. I don't want to be disturbed understood? If its business related talk to Leo," Romeo says.

"Understood," Tino says and he gives me a smile. We walk into the house and Romeo puts the downstairs lights on.

"Anything to drink baby?" Romeo asks as he strips off his coat, suit Jacket and tie, throwing it on one of the bar stools.

"No thanks," I say standing at the entrance of the kitchen and undo my shoes and kick them off, to which Romeo smirks at my habit, he's tripped over many of my heels, but he always seems amused to find them there. Romeo opens a bottle of water and takes a sip, and I walk over to him dropping my coat my nerves kicking in, I try to dispel them and be in the moment with Romeo. He puts his water bottle down and run my hands up his torso looking into his eyes, Romeo let's out a breath as I wrap my hands around his neck, he holds me around my waist and backs me up to the kitchen island and kisses me slowly, his tongue exploring mine, in a dance only the two of us know the moves too, leaning one hand on the island and one still on my waist, his body is pressed against mine.