CHAPTER 22 - Steamy Moments

After the wonderful show, which I absolutely enjoyed, Romeo takes my hand as we walked across the lobby, running into a few people he knew and introduced me as his girlfriend, I will never tire if hearing it. "How did you find the play bella?" Romeo asks as we walk to the car.

"I really did, thank you it's one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me," I answer honestly, Romeo pulls me into a sweet kiss right there on the sidewalk. It’s the first time he's been openly affectionate and it feels normal, as normal as we will get in this life at least.

Tino gets the door and even he seems to crack a smile, come to think of it, I don't know if I have ever heard him speak. As we drive to the restaurant, I can't help myself as I whisper to Romeo, "does Tino ever speak? It's kind of creepy," I ask rather confused.

Romeo chuckles, "he does but more grunts at people, watch this," he tells me and clears his throat. "Tino? Anything to report while we were inside?" Romeo asks barely containing his laugh and all Tino does is look in the rear view mirror and shakes his head. "Words Tino!" Romeo presses and he still just shakes his head and I can't contain my laughter and Tino's ears turn pink.

"Sorry Tino, Romeo says you don’t speak, I'm sorry." I apologise.

"Well Miss Russo, I do, I just speak to the prettier people in the car," Tino says in a low gravelly voice and Tino and I burst out in fits of laughter as Romeo threatens to fire him.

"Don't worry Romeo I think you're pretty," I say and Tino starts chuckling all over again.

We all start laughing and pull up at the restaurant 'Oui'. Tino opens the door and winks at me. The line is quite long but Romeo walks to the front and we are let in, I'm impressed but then again, Romeo is the King of New York. It’s a beautiful restaurant warm browns and golds with cream as the main colour and heavy crystal chandeliers. "It's beautiful Romeo," and he hums in agreement, and we are shown to a semi private booth.

A waitress is at the table as soon as we sit, I'm a bit taken back. I literally count back from five, to see when she will openly flirt with Romeo since she hasn't looked at me once. Romeo rolls his eyes and barks at her to get champagne. "Forget her," Romeo says taking my hand, I nod, and magically a male waiter returns with the champagne.

"Romeo, do you think if we got together when my father tried to arrange our marriage that we would have been happy?" I ask sipping the champagne.

"I think it would have been forced and we might have been cordial and avoided each other for a while, but I don't think it would have been natural, I might have fallen for you along the way, because you are stunning and sweet and you have the best heart. I also do think it's better that we met out of our own, in our own way, this way it’s on our terms and we actually are getting to know each other the right way," Romeo says shrugging. I cannot help but smile and lean over to give him a kiss, and we order off the ridiculously expensive menu. And we are onto red wine and I'm starting to feel a buzz.

Romeo tells me all about his childhood and when he really got into the mob and took over. His life back in Italy and about his baby sister and mom whom I learnt is an amazing cook and owns a few restaurants all over Italy. His father still has a few businesses mainly a few vineyards. My childhood was slightly different, sheltered, home schooled and told what to do all the time, my mother wanting me to be the perfect lady and bag some rich Mafia man. Romeo was disgusted to say the least, but the one thing I loved was dancing and Romeo had a spark in eye when heard that. "Would you like to dance?" Romeo asks pulling me from my past.

"I would," and I place my hand in his as we join the masses on the dance floor. Some classical piece plays and we move totally in sync and Romeo spins me and dips me, as we have the time of our lives with soft giggles, chuckles and jokes. After our meals and a dance we order dessert, chocolate salted caramel cheesecake, to share, I moaned so hard Romeo Romeo's eyes nearly popped out.