CHAPTER 55 - The Reception

Romeo POV:

It's been a perfect day so far, seeing Alina come down that aisle, it was beyond what I thought I would feel; I would die a thousand times for this woman and our babies. She looked like a queen, just like I knew she would, nothing will ever take her or my kids away from me ever again. I see her laughing and smiling, nibbling on canapés, no doubt she's hungry, taking various photographs with her friends and family, Dimitri is smiling for once, always so stoic, he is the one Don I would actually worry about if I ever had to go up against him, he reminds me too much of myself, I wonder what happened to that girl he was dating. "Luc, Leo, how is security doing?" I ask them as we sip on champagne.

Luc speaks up, "everything is looking good, there's no trouble, it's all quiet and the mob bosses everywhere seem to be minding their business. It could be that we were successful in keeping the wedding quiet."

"I have checked with Dario, he's making his rounds, things are secure," Leo adds, "go enjoy your wedding."

I nod walking off to my stunning wife; it feels good to say that. "Mrs De Luca, how are you," I ask smirking.

"I have never been so happy, my cheeks are aching from all the smiling," she says laughing, making me laugh.

"You look so beautiful, I'm so glad this day is turning out just like you hoped it would," I say giving her a kiss. Mari and Jake are living their best lives posing for pictures and pulling us along, eventually Alina and I have a moment to ourselves. We walk along with security to a small garden just off the side of the party, it's getting later now, the sunset is beautiful and the reception is to start soon.

"I can't believe we are married," Alina says in awe as we look out over the beautifully decorated courtyard.

"I knew you were the only one for me, this day was inevitable," I say giving her a smug smirk, and rolls her eyes.

"Oh you always get what you want?" Alina says raising an eyebrow.

"Always, but all I really wanted was you," I say sincerely holding her around her waist, running my one thumb gently along the side of her belly. Alina pulls me closer and she kisses me so deeply I almost want to take her away now, my pants are getting tighter. Damn reception, still a few hours. Just then we hear Jake announcing that everyone is too be seated for dinner and that of course means we have to make an entrance.

We break away and just stand holding each other a few minutes more and it isn't long till we realise everyone has moved to the reception area. "Ready baby?" Alina asks.

"Si," I answer taking her hand and we walk in, with "Unforgettable" playing loudly by the band and all we hear are blinding applause.

"Please give it up for Mr and Mrs De Luca!" Jake announces and we walk to our table. Luc is standing proudly next to Jake, smiling widely, Dario for once looks relaxed and we all take our seats. It’s going to be a long night.

Luc stands and decides to make a speech, which shocks me since he's quite shy, this is going to be one rare occasion. "Good evening everyone, it's been a special day for my brother and Alina, a long time coming. Most people don't know they met when they were just about teenagers, and I remember Romeo speaking of Alina so much I had to ask him to shut up, but who knew years later they would be married. When Romeo saw Alina dance, it was over for everyone, he might not have remembered those years ago, but he had the same look in his eyes, she was the one. As we all grew to know Alina, and saw all the challenges they went through together, we knew there was no way they wouldn't land up here today, their love is what dreams are made of. Please raise a glass to the new Mr and Mrs De Luca, Possano le tue giornate essere lunghe e piene di amore, saluto!" Luciano finishes off and I stand to hug my brother.