CHAPTER 37 - Take Off

Romeo POV:

It's about seven in the morning when I wake up, and I feel Lina's little body wrapped around mine, for the first time in what feels like years, I feel at ease and like I can breathe again. My darling is in my arms; just waking up to her beautiful face is everything I could ever have wished for in this life.

I slip out of bed careful not to wake my beauty, and grab a pair of boxers and head to the bathroom in the guest room; I don't want to wake her, not yet anyway. I relieve myself and wash my hands, brush my teeth with a spare toothbrush and paste and head into the steaming shower, spending a good twenty minutes in the shower washing my hair and body I quickly shut it off and towel myself dry. I slip on my boxers and head to the kitchen, I pick out an apron and proceed to put on a pot of coffee and make breakfast. I fry some bacon and toast some ciabatta and make poached eggs with hollandaise sauce. I'm just plating up when in walks my queen.

Lina is freshly showered her hair still wet hanging down loosely and she has on one of my black shirts and her fluffy slippers, even though she still has a full closet here. "Morning baby," I say smiling at her and those big blue eyes sparkle as she beams at me.

"Morning bello, I see you cooked? I'm not sure when last I had this beautiful breakfast, it looks amazing," she says sitting at the kitchen table and I pour her coffee and she adds sugar and cream.

"You look like you are well rested," I say winking at her and she blushes, she's so beautiful, I don't think any woman can compare to her.

"I did, better than I have slept in months, I think you might have something to do with it," she says as we start eating. "I don't know why I never make you cook, this is amazing," she says with bright smile.

"Bella, I don't mean to put a damper on our morning, but what happened last night? I mean you weren't ready and then you were, not that I am complaining but I didn't want to push you," I say a bit weary of her reaction.

"I don't know, I couldn't sleep and I looked at you, it's like a calm washed over me and I realised I had nothing to be afraid of. You have treated me like the most precious thing on earth these few weeks and the way you held me... It felt like a switch flipped in my mind and I wanted, no needed you and to be close to you in every way," Lina sighs and sips her coffee. "I finally felt ready, it felt right," she finishes and looks at me with her big blue eyes and I can't help but feel on top of the world.

"I am happy I make you feel that way bella, you are my world," I say leaning in for a kiss and at this moment I don't feel like some bad ass Mafia King, I just feel like a man in love. "Our flight is at eleven, Mari and Jake have packed for you, and Luciano and Jake will be coming," I say with a smirk.

"Those two are adorable," Lina says laughing.

"Indeed they are, Dario and Leo will be staying here to run things and Mari has the hotel, Anna will be looking after things for you so we are all set. We will have a lot of security; Italy is my home away from home so we need to be protected. Francesca is still running what's left of the Mancini Empire out of Italy. So we can't be too careful, and you get to see the Italian R&L Hotel." I say trying to remember everything.

"Well I'm excited for the hotel, and I'm glad for the security I don't want anything to go wrong. We had time stolen from us and I just want to make up for that, and I should probably apologise to your family for leaving the way I did when they were here to help," Lina says looking down running her hand across her lips.

"Don't worry about it, when they heard we are together again, they couldn't be happier, and can't wait too as my mom put it spoil you rotten," I say with a chuckle.