CHAPTER 6 - The Pull

I can't believe I ran out on Romeo, I decide to change into my waitressing uniform, and wipe all the make-up off and just go natural, with a little gloss. I put on my white shirt, black waist coat and tiny black shorts with black pumps. I hope to God Romeo has left; I make my way out and go to Jake and see what tables I have. "Ali, you are serving five tables, it's quite busy tonight, and also you are serving the VIP booths." I nod at Jake, but my heart is thumping, I do the unthinkable and serve the five tables first and go to the VIP booth.

I walk up and I'm nodded in. I take the orders of Dario, Leo and Luc. I walk further and I see his hand resting on the side of the booth and I walk around and to my horror I see Hillary on his lap, she's in his neck kissing him and his hands are on her thigh and backside. I breathe out, "What can I get you?" I ask as emotionless as possible.

"A bottle of the finest champagne and bourbon." Romeo says not even glancing at me. I walk away saying nothing and I see Dario looking at me as I walk out, he has a sympathetic look on his face.

"Jake honey, I need the best champagne and two bottles of the best bourbon you have please and glasses," Jake nods and places it all on the tray for me. I carry it up and place some glasses and a bottle down for Dario and Leo, I notice they are not having any women tonight and I brace myself and take Romeo's order. I see Hillary rubbing his chest and kissing his neck again, but his eyes are on me as I place the items on the table. She reaches down to his crotch and he stops her hand. I turn and I can't see this and I walk out as fast as I can. I feel a hand stop me and I turn. "Dario?"

"Hi Alina, I know we haven't spoken really, but this isn't Romeo, he doesn't do this with these girls. I think you were probably only the second in so many years that this place opened." He says apologetically.

"Well Dario, I seem to be on a list of them now, I hope he has fun with Hillary and he should be careful he doesn't catch something." I say confidently and walk away as hear Dario and Leo laughing. I ask Marissa if she can take over the VIP area and she gladly accepts. I go about my business and its finally two in the morning and I get to leave. I go change into my jeans, boots, a t-shirt and black jacket. I grab my purse and wait for Marissa. She's finally ready to go and we head out and start walking. I feel a tight grip on my arm and I scream as I'm pulled.

"Romeo have you lost your fucking mind!" I scream staring at him angrily.

"You are coming with me!" He says in a cold angry almost calm tone and I am actually taken back.

"You have no fucking right to dictate to me! I am not going anywhere with you!" I challenge.

"Fine." He says staring at me; walks over to me calmly and throws me over his shoulder. I kick and scream and hit his back and I actually hear him chuckle. "Marissa, Leo will take you home." She stands in shock with Dario and Leo starts laughing.

"This is not fucking funny!" I scream and give up kicking when he throws me into the back of a black SUV.

"Tino, to my place." Romeo says. I stare at him, a deathly glare; if looks could kill he would be dead on the spot. "Stare at me all you want, or take a picture it lasts longer." He chuckles.

"What do you want?" I ask utterly exasperated.

"To talk, but you make everything difficult." He says shaking his head.
"I'm not the one who was kissing you one minute and the next having some guy feel me up and kiss me." I say crossing my arms and sulking, feeling absolutely childish and jealous in this moment. Romeo turns to look at me and he seems amused, he shakes his head.

"Firstly, you ran away and slapped me, I might add, secondly, you're not a whore as you shouted at me and you never will be. Contrary to belief I don't sleep with every woman so don't listen to rumours and thirdly, I was an absolute ass for getting Hillary to dance with me, call it a bruised ego, but I never kissed her or done anything other than touch her thigh and sit there, she's as boring as watching paint dry and couldn't get me up if she tried, and she did try. I threw her off after you left." Romeo says looking straight into my eyes, my mouth is hanging open and I try to say something but can't. "So Alina, I hope that takes away some of your jealousy." With that he sits back and pulls out his phone texting. I don't say a word and look out the window and seethe, I don't know why I'm exactly mad but I am. Ok granted he isn't mine, but I still hated seeing him with Hillary.

After a half hour drive we pull up to gated mansion, it looks like an Italian villa, but modern, it's beautiful. The car stops and I stay seated, Romeo comes around and opens the door. "No I'm not getting out, please get your driver to take me home now."
He pinches the bridge of his nose and I see his perfectly tattooed wrist with a gold watch. "Donna, togliti il culo prima che io ti porti fuori e non sarò gentile!" Romeo says clearly holding on to the last bit of patience he has with me.
(Woman get your ass out before I carry you out and I won't be gentle!)

I realise I'm pissing off a mob boss and dial it down a notch. "Fine," I say sassily and I get out and stand in front of him; he's so tall I have to look up at him. He puts his hand behind my back and walks me in, he opens one half of the huge dark wood doors and lets me through first. It's absolutely beautiful, a grand staircase going up on either side with ornate black iron detail, a glass table sitting in front of it with flowers on it, the house seems to be done in warm beige colours; it's spacious and minimal but has a warm feel. I awkwardly stand in the foyer not sure what to do.

"Come Alina, make yourself at home." Romeo says as he walks to a massive lounge area leading to a huge patio with a pool outside. I sit on the huge cream L shaped couch looking out at the pool through the floor to ceiling patio doors. "Would you like a drink?" Romeo breaks me out of my reverie.

"Red wine if you have it," I say nervously, I definitely need a drink. Romeo nods and opens a bottle while he stands at a small bar area. I notice a fire place and a huge flat screen on the wall. Must be where the guys hang out, I think idly. Romeo walks toward me handing me a glass of red wine. He takes off his jacket and tie and unbuttons three buttons of his shirt at the collar; he removes his holsters and places it on the coffee table. "So what am I doing here now that you practically kidnapped me?" I ask perplexed.

"I just wanted to have a decent conversation without distractions, because it clearly seemed like dinner wasn't going to happen," Romeo says dryly, shrugging. "I don't know why, but I want to get to know you better." He says as he leans back on the couch, "why did you run after that orgasm and the kiss?" He asks bluntly, clearly not noticing my blush, he doesn't have a filter.

"Well, I didn't expect that orgasm, I should never have done that, it was unprofessional. As for the kiss, your reputation precedes you. I am not a one night stand kind of girl and won't be some new conquest and after you get what you want you leave." I state boldly, even though I’m mortified.

"If I wanted to fuck you and leave, I would have done it already," Romeo says nonchalantly.

"I wouldn't have given you the satisfaction, asshole," I mutter.

"Why are you so angry?" Romeo asks cocking his head to the side, staring at me intensely.

"I guess I just don't like to be treated like an object, or possession, or like a whore that can be bought with two thousand dollars." I say staring right back at him.

"You are not like other women," Romeo says sighing.

"Damn straight," I state very proudly.

"And you have a really dirty mouth on you," he mutters in almost a whisper. I can't help but laugh.

"So you have me here, what are you going to do with me?" I ask arching my eyebrow at him and sip my wine.

"Tell me, why do you have a fake name?" Romeo asks catching me off guard and I panic.

"That is none of your business, I assume you had a background check done, so no use in denying it." I get up, "I would like to leave now Romeo, Mr De Luca, this was pointless." I say grabbing my purse. He gets up and walks over to me putting his wine glass down, a dark look in his eyes, I'm actually terrified.

"How do I know you are not an informant? FBI or from the enemy?" Romeo stands dangerously close, his voice is so calm but menacing.

I try to stand up to him. "You saved me, I didn't ask for that, you came to check on me, I didn't ask for that, you wanted me for private dances, which you know I didn't do, you sought me out and kissed me! I didn't do any of those things, don't try to turn this around, I was just fine till you came around!" I am almost shouting in his face. His jaw tenses and he looks almost angry, almost, he walks forward and I walk back and he keeps coming closer and I keep backing away until my back hits the wall. He looks like a hunter stalking its prey. He puts his hands on either side of my head.

"Are you afraid of me?" Romeo asks looking deep into my eyes, devoid of any emotion now, like a statue. I don't answer; I stare back at him trying to mask my feelings. "I asked you a question bella." I still don't answer, "Alina are you afraid of me?" He emphasises the word afraid.

I stare him dead in the eyes and simply say, "no."

"You should be." He says deathly calm, but for some reason I honestly don't feel like he would hurt me. He is inches away from my mouth I can feel his breath on my face, and my cheeks are betraying me and going pink, I don't know what comes over me but I lean in and kiss him taking him by surprise. I drop my purse and before I know it his one hand is in my hair and the other around my waist as I snake my hands around his neck.
The kiss is hot and full of passion and lust, this is not like me, but something about Romeo is making me want him so bad, I cannot hold it back. He pulls me so close I almost forget to breathe, and we pull away desperate for some oxygen. He puts his forehead on mine and whispers, "what are you doing to me Lina?"

"I could ask you the same thing Romeo." I answer breathlessly. He kisses me again and I respond, but I push him back slowly, "Romeo, if I recall, we were supposed to have dinner?" I say sheepishly, with a small smile.

Romeo looks at me and smirks. "Tino will take you home and I will see you tomorrow night for dinner." He gives me a small kiss and chuckles, walking me out being quite respectful. I get into the SUV and Tino drives off and the whole way back I keep thinking how did this just happen? Our date is on again? I can't help but feel a little bit excited, but weary, he is a mob boss after all. My past should have me prepared me for this, but am I really? Will I be able to be with someone like Romeo De Luca?