CHAPTER 44 - Old Flames

Alina POV:

It's been a long day, Romeo took me shopping along with Mari, Jake, Issy and Luc, and it really was fun. We all chose outfits for the night and got the royal treatment here in Italy, some press hounded us but nothing too overbearing. I managed to find a beautiful Dior dress, a gold beaded bust area and white silk fitted mermaid style dress, with a slit and matching Jimmy Choo gold sandals. It has a whole modern yet Grecian feeling to it, but I can honestly say I love shopping in Italy, its heaven.

I bought some more clothes but most importantly I stopped by Cartier, and got a gold necklace with a black diamond pendant and a matching bracelet with some chandelier drop earrings. It's perfect, so I'm going all gold. I refused Romeo's money and got some diamonds for myself and Mari, and something for Jake, since well he can't do diamonds like we can. We make it home just with enough time to get ready, the guests will be arriving in about two hours, and they are having the party at the villa. "Lina baby, I will leave you, the girls and Jake to get ready, text me when you are ready and I will escort you," Romeo says leaving our bedroom, all I can do is nod and smile.

Isabella, Mari, Kelsey and Jake are gathered and getting ready and Mari is finishing my hair. She has made some curls and put it up into a thin gold band that wraps around and is held in by pins, and leaves a few curls hanging framing my face. I have simple gold and bronze make up with mascara, eyeliner and a nude lip with gloss. Isabella looks amazing in her baby pink dress and long brown Hair. Mari is incredible in a black off the shoulder dress, while Jake has a light grey tux on with a matching grey bow tie and black shirt, Kelsey, so beautiful in her red floor length gown with her blonde locks on a ponytail.

I slip on my beautiful dress and sandals that twirl around my leg, and slip all my diamonds on, I turn to look in the mirror and I look like a Greek goddess, that's definitely the look I was going for. I hope Romeo will like it. No time like the present, let me text him.

Hey handsome,

I'm ready as I will

ever be.

Mari and Jake make their way downstairs and I wait for Romeo making sure I look perfect. I'm about to meet his entire family and associates and have our engagement party all in one, to say I'm nervous is an understatement. I stand facing the floor length mirror fussing over every detail and I don't even hear him enter, "wow, così bella," (so beautiful) Romeo says startling me and he wraps his arms around me, and we stare at each other in the mirror. "Pronto la mia bellissima dea?" Romeo asks and I nod.

(Ready my beautiful goddess)

"Come mai, ora o mai più, andiamo bene," I answer letting out a long breath. Romeo looks absolutely handsome in his Tom Ford tux and black bow tie; he could be a model for sure.

(As I will ever be, it's now or never, let's go handsome)

"I will be with you the whole time si?" Romeo says, and I nod squeezing his hand a bit. We walk slowly through the house down to the marquee, between the dance floor and tables; there must be at least over one hundred people here possibly two hundred. We walk in and immediately we are photographed by a hired photographer and as we walk we are congratulated by people I don't know. Romeo starts introducing me to his aunts and uncles there are quite a few on his mother's side and his father's.

After about one hundred introductions later I finally get to spend some time with Mari, Jake, Kelsey and Isabella. "Kelsey, so you're the secret girlfriend of Dario?" I ask teasingly.

"That would be me; he definitely tries to keep me away from the life. I'm glad to finally be around all of you," Kelsey says with a warm smile, I like her already.