CHAPTER 42 - Yes!

Romeo POV:

Sitting across from Alina and seeing how incredible this woman is makes me feel like I'm not worthy of having her, but I will keep trying my best to make her happy and be worthy of her. Seeing her tonight and just how effortlessly beautiful she is, is just astounding. Surprising her with this dinner and everyone that has pitched in and helped make this night special is amazing. So many people love her and adore her; everyone she comes into contact with can't help but be touched by the light that is her. I had to keep this all extremely quiet, and had extra security surrounding the entire area; all my main guys are out here tonight making sure we are all safe.

After a lovely starter and glass of wine I think some dancing is in order, it is after all her favourite thing to do and it makes her eyes light up. "Amore, would you like to dance with me?" I ask standing and extending my hand.

"Of course amore, I would love too," Alina says beaming. Fabian is singing some beautiful love song in Italian and it's just perfect. Mother has really outdone herself, planning this all with me. I take Alina in my arms and I hold her close, her arms draped around my neck, I pull her as close as possible, this is my favourite part of being close to her, just feeling her body against mine, her perfume, just her. "Romeo this is all so beautiful, I can't believe your mom let us be her first customers and you set this all up, it's incredible," she says with so much awe and happiness.

"Anything for you bella, I just want to make you happy, I love you," she tears up and one escapes down her cheek and I wipe it away with my thumb and she smiles. I lean down and give her a kiss and she pulls me closer pouring all her love into it. I put my forehead to hers; I swear I never knew I was this much of a romantic till I met Alina. The song ends and we go to have our mains.

"I hope you enjoy your mains, mamma made it special with lots of love," Isabella says as she puts down our meal, chicken parmesan pasta in white wine sauce. It's heavenly and also her favorite. Isabella pours our wine with flair and winks at Alina, I'm glad she's over her resentment; I really want them to be ok.

"Thank you Isabella, this is so kind of you to help make this date amazing," Alina says holding her hand.

"It's my pleasure Alina, I have a lot to be thankful for and you make my brother happier than I have ever seen him," Isabella says and smiles as she walks away. I can't help but feel a blush take over my cheeks and that does not happen often.

"Are you blushing Mr big bad Mafia boss?" Alina jokes.

I can't help but laugh, "only for you my love," I answer still chuckling.

"This food is amazing; your mother really is an amazing chef!" Alina says moaning as she takes a bite. The time is moving swiftly and my nerves are kicking in so much I can barely enjoy the food. I don't think I have ever been so nervous in my life and that is saying something doing what I do. I kill people, torture them, go into battle guns blazing and this is probably the only time I felt this way.

"Romeo are you alright? You look like you're about to be sick," Alina asks, putting her hand on my forehead. "You don't feel warm," she says obviously confused.

"I'm ok bella, don't worry, probably just all the stress from work," I say telling a white lie. "Dessert? It's triple chocolate cheesecake," I ask changing the subject.

"Of course, sounds like something I could get stuck into," Alina laughs. I pour us some more champagne, I think we are both starting to get a slight buzz on, God I need the liquid courage. "First let's have one more dance," I say smiling, and Alina nods. Fabian is singing, 'The Way You Look Tonight', and we dance across the floor, Alina moving so gracefully, laughing and smiling. She so beautiful, I spin her out and she beams and smiles at me flirtatiously, and I raise my brow as she latches in to my neck and gives me a passionate kiss.