CHAPTER 50 - Strip

Alina POV:

Jake has made sure my make-up is perfect, bronzes and a touch of black and a red lip and a red cocktail dress, short, tight under the bust and flares out into a dramatic skirt with lots of tulle. Mari chose to have my long black hair pin straight and chose some pretty high black stiletto heels. Thank God for this dress, it's becoming harder to hide this bump; I feel like I grew a few inches already, the zip was slightly hard to get closed. I'm slipping on some diamond chandelier earrings and a simple tennis bracelet with my engagement ring. Simple and classy.

Mari is fitting the theme and wearing a champagne colored bandage dress and big curls, she looks beautiful. Jake has a simple black suit on with a gold and red shirt, he looks hot. We are all ready for lunch, well amore like a fucking tea party, so much for keeping it small. I miss Romeo so much, but this is just for the ladies, apparently guys are on Romeo's yacht having an afternoon of swimming and drinking and I'm not even sure what. As I'm heading down stairs I hear my phone start to ring, "hello?" I answer without looking.

"Si, is that how you greet your fiancé?" Romeo asks, and my heart flutters and I get butterflies, I haven't seen him all day.

"I'm sorry amore, I never looked at my caller ID, how are you? I miss you," I reply feeling a bit disheartened that he's not around.

"Well bella, I would feel much better if you were with me, I just wanted to know how you and the babies are today since we haven't spoken much today," Romeo asks and I can melt on the spot.

"We are fine, except I feel like I grew another inch, your babies are going to give the whole surprise away if they don't stop growing until the wedding," I say huffing.

Romeo chuckles, "I'm sure they will behave for their mamma. Lina, I have extra men guarding the place today, and Vince will be there. If you need anything or feel uncomfortable in any way call him, si? Then he will call me," Romeo says a lot more seriously. "I don't want anything to happen to you or the babies, Vince is the only one that knows and that I trust to protect you next to myself," Romeo says in a low tone, so nobody can hear him.

"Si, don't worry I know the protocol amore. I will be ok, we will be ok," I answer slightly tense. "I love you Romeo, I have to go," I say with a sigh.

"I love all three of you, I will speak to you soon," Romeo says and with that we hang up. Time to face the masses, I make my way down and Jake and Mari have already got the mini tea party going, only people are having champagne, but I can't drink, fuck, this is not good.

Jake comes over to me and hands me a glass of champagne and it immediately makes me slightly nauseated. I smile and put on a brave face, my mother comes over to me and I give her the most fake smile I can muster, "mother," I greet her.

"Alina darling, you look beautiful, and congratulations again, I'm so happy you have found Romeo," she says with a smile.

Yeah happy, I have even more money now, you cow. "Thanks mother," is all I can muster and turn away and find Sofia. I can't take my mother's fake social climbing. "Sofia?" I call and she turns around beaming at me.

"Alina, amore, you look beautiful! Romeo is such a lucky little shit!" Sofia says making me laugh.

"Thank you, you look beautiful too," I answer smiling as she hugs me. I do feel slightly sad that I'm not like this with my own mother, but the woman is insufferable. I go around saying hi to all the people that have meant something to me, and then I spot one person I have truly missed, "Valencia!" I squeal.

"Alina, dear as stunning as ever, I cannot believe it's almost your big day," Valencia says and smiles.

"Yes I'm a bit nervous, but mostly so excited, I can't wait to marry Romeo," I answer truthfully.