CHAPTER 29 - A Dark Day

Romeo POV:

It’s been three days since Alina woke up, Mari and her family have been around her a lot. She seems quite distant from me. I guess with everything that happened that's normal. I have given her some space, it's hard but she needs it, I need it too I guess, I have to take care of Angel, he's my own flesh and blood. I bought a new place, it's in a different neighbourhood but about the same amount of time to the city, I have people moving the furniture today, and also got some new things so nothing will trigger Alina when and if she comes home. I hope she loves the surprise, it's the least I could do.

The house is massive, three stories, and secluded, with a few acres. Which is needed. It's very modern, yet homely a bit on the Mediterranean style, but still modern enough to fit both our tastes. It has a massive kitchen, six bedrooms, seven bathrooms, two office spaces and two walk in closets in the main. Two living rooms, an enormous dining room, theatre, and a gym on the third floor with a game area, indoor and outdoor pool and wine cellar. We have a pool house which the guys can use when they over. It's perfect for everyone's needs with high gates, costing ten million. So by tonight everything will be moved and we will be in the new house, the doctor said she can be released tomorrow.

So this is where I find myself today, at the main headquarters, down in the cells. I need to get rid of Angel, and finally hear what he has to say, I also have Daniel in holding because I can't be sure he didn't know anything. I have known them my whole lives and I can't believe Angel would stoop this low. De Luca men do not harm women, especially the Don's girl. He's family, I have always looked out for him, this is the first time I have to kill family, now I can be a cold bastard, but this, this is different.

I make my way down with Dario and Leo, we change clothing, putting on some coveralls. I walk into the room where we do out torture and killing. Strapped to a chair is a dishevelled beat up Angel, next to him is Daniel. Now normally I don't do doubles but I’m making an exception today. "Angel," I call and he looks up with a sadistic smile on his face.

"You are going to kill me over some bitch? You forget I know how this goes cousin," he spits at me.

"You are no family of mine, we don't harm women, and rape or attempt too, beat or kill them. You violated that rule, not only that you went after the King of the Mafia's girl," I say looking him dead in the eyes. "What I want to know is why? I gave you everything, I helped you, got you out of all your shit!" I say bitterly.

"You want to know why? You don't even have to beat it out of me. It was because you had everything! Everything I was supposed to have! My parents are dead, I had nothing left, you had money, prestige, parents and a sister, and you lived the life I was supposed to have! Then I come here and I see your bitch, you even found yourself a hot Italian piece of ass, so why couldn't I have it too? She looked down on me as did you, as you always do, making me the black sheep of the family, so I wanted to make the golden child feel what it's like to lose something for once. I wanted you to feel what I feel every day, a screw up, and guilt that I couldn't save my family. So fuck you Romeo for making me the fuck up of the family, always saying the right thing, bailing troubled Angel out of shit. So I welcome my death, at least I will be with my family," Angel says seething, with tears running down his face.

"Well Daniel, did you know anything? Did you help him? I won't ask twice," I ask him in a deadly tone, I had them rough him up just a bit to get my point across that you don't fuck with me.

"I only found out when he came to me after it happened, I didn't know he was going to do that, not a clue. I was afraid for my life, you don't fuck with the Mafia, I should know, my family is in it too, I sent him away told him to fuck off, I don't want to be involved with whatever shit he done. I was done helping him, that's why I called when I found out where he ran off too," he says looking down.