CHAPTER 12 - Betrayal

Romeo POV:

I hate to have to leave dinner with Alina but duty calls, I'm on my way to the casino. "Dario, do you think Toscano found out about Alina?" I ask worriedly but try to seem calm about it, but inside a storm is raging.

"Well from what Leo has said, it just seems like a deal, he wants passage through New York for some of his guns to Chicago, his shipment was late, Toscano met with him. Leo will fill us in once we have arrived." Dario says looking agitated.

We walk into the hotel office from the back entrance. Leo is already waiting in the office with none other than Toscano. "Vincent explain." Is all I say.

"De Luca, Russo came to me looking for passage for his weapons, to ship it with my merchandise, and I said no not if I want a bullet in my skull, he's dirty De Luca." Toscano says sighing.

"I will deal with this one myself. And Vincent, you better be telling the truth, you know I don't make empty threats. He nods and doesn't dare challenge me, he takes his leave. "Dario, Leo, we need our rat in his camp to confirm all of this, and the one in Russo's camp, I'm going home you two can deal with this and let me know the outcome, no guns or bloodshed." I command and they comply. I need my girl, I go home and change and make my way to my beauty.

Alina POV:

It's about two am and I hear my phone buzz, wiping my eyes I reach for my night stand. Its Romeo.

Hi bella, business came
up, I'm so sorry. Open
up I'm outside.
Romeo

What? Oh my God! I get up lazily, and make my way to the front door. I open the deadbolts and unlock the door to a sleepy dishevelled Romeo, with wet hair, but beautiful, in a dark blue jean, black t-shirt and leather jacket, holding a suit bag from Armani and a small duffel bag. "Bella?" Romeo snaps me out of my Reverie.

"Come in, but you better have a good excuse for breaking my beauty sleep," I say arching my brow and folding my arms round my chest.

"I missed you, couldn't sleep without you there, the last two nights felt good, I felt at ease." Romeo looks so vulnerable, and I slip my arms around him and give him a hug.

"Come to bed its late," I say taking his hand and lead him to the bedroom. I crawl on to the bed and pat the other side. Romeo strips in front of me leaving him only in black Calvin Klein’s. I admit I think I drooled a bit.

He climbs into bed beside me, and moves over me spreading my legs and kisses me deeply, full of need, causing me to moan. I feel him press against my core and grind onto me a bit.
"I like the silk, it suits you," he whispers and he bites my nipple through the thin silky material as he kneels up and he lifts it off me together with my shorts and he discovers no panties. "Hmm that's my girl," he says in approval. He pulls down his boxers and his erection springs out and I bite my lip. "I need you baby," he says and I nod as he slides his length over my bud and I feel him at my core. Romeo kisses me and moves down to my neck and softly bites and nips at my neck and I let out a moan.

"Romeo don't stop," I whimper. He looks into my eyes and he slowly sinks into me, "yes!" I cry out.

"This is going to be fast," he says and starts pounding into me, grinding his hips and he reaches for my bud and works it with his fingers and he keeps going at me hard making me a moaning mess. "Alina baby, come with me." That's all I need and I explode around him, gripping his amazing manhood and I feel him shoot his bursts of pleasure inside me groaning in my ear as his whole body stiffens and I ride the amazing wave with him. Romeo looks into my eyes and I see some kind of un-named emotion swirling in his beautiful hazel eyes, fear maybe, but for the first time I see how tired Romeo is, he rolls off me and I clean myself up and bring him a warm wash cloth, after being all cleaned up he pulls me to him and I hear his steady heartbeat like a lullaby and I hear his breathing deepen and I realise he has fallen fast asleep, holding onto me for dear life.

"Goodnight baby," I whisper and fall into a deep sleep.

I wake the next morning, and I reach out to feel the bed empty and shoot up, I reach for my phone and see its six in the morning. I hear the shower going, and I make my way to the bathroom covered in my sheet. I see Romeo's hands to the wall, head lowered just letting the warm water run over him. I drop the sheet and get in behind him, and wrap my hands around his waist and place my cheek on his back and I feel his one hand run over mine. We don't say anything just stands like that for a moment and I kiss his back. We wash ourselves silently and Romeo gets out and I follow, we don't speak and my heart and mind is racing a million miles a minute. I slip on a grey pencil skirt and white shirt with black open toed heels. My hair I wear loose in long curls and put some light make up on. When I'm done in the bathroom I see Romeo is dressed in a dark grey suit black Shirt and grey tie, hair immaculate, shaved clean. He looks amazing, but I'm nervous.

"Romeo, I have been silent all morning wanting to give you your space, but something is wrong and I don't know what it is, but I don't deserve the silent treatment and to be put into some kind of limbo. You came here last night saying you missed me and needed me to be there so you can sleep, but I don't know what is wrong with you this morning." I say hoping to get a reaction out of him.

"Alina, nothing is wrong, let's just get to work the hotel and casino is opening in a day, let's just get through this ok? Mari can travel with Dario, he will be here to pick her up later," Romeo says rubbing his hands over his face and massaging his temples. I just nod and we head out to the waiting SUV. I sit in silence while Romeo is typing away on his phone, he starts making phone calls and he's extremely short to whomever he speaks too, almost cold. I suddenly feel extremely emotional; I'm holding back tears, holding onto my purse turning my knuckles white trying to not cry.

We arrive at R&L and we get out of the car, Romeo doesn't wait for me he just walks ahead. Tino, his driver just shakes his head. "Miss Johnson, let me escort you to the main office," he says with what looks like a heavy heart and I accept.

"Thank you Tino, I would appreciate that." I answer barely holding on. He walks me to the office and says to call if I need anything he will be in the hotel along with the rest of security.
I walk in and sit in front of his desk. "These are the vendors, everything up to the restaurant, in the hotel and casino, here are the budgets and finances and here are the lists of all the staff that will work under you, and you along with Mari will delegate the daily tasks. Familiarise yourself with all of this and there is an event coordinator for the opening coming in an hour and she has all the details, I need you to make sure everything is taken care of for the opening gala tomorrow night. It’s a masked ball, elegant and formal. Mari will be here to help you as your assistant, you can use my office for now, they are sorting out yours and it should be done in the morning, also you will be accompanying me to this event, I will have dresses sent over to your apartment this evening and a glam stylist tomorrow so you can get ready, the event starts at seven I will be there to pick you up at six thirty." Romeo says cold and business like, I nod and don't even look at him, I just start on the massive stacks and I hear him walk out.

I let out a massive breath I didn't know I was holding and my tears fall, like a never ending stream. Mari arrives and she can see I'm upset and asks me a million times if I'm alright and if I want to speak about it but I refuse. We instead after a busy morning meet with the event planner and everything is set. The rest of the day goes by with us working till about ten at night and we are up to date and know everything we need to know. The staff are friendly and I call Tino to come pick us up. We reach home and I go straight to my room. I slide down my door and cry my heart out, what changed from last night to this morning? I have a shower and put on a big t-shirt and panties and I climb into bed still sobbing. I never got any messages or phone calls from Romeo. I decide I need to get out; I get up and decide to go to the only place I feel at home, The Underground. I get dressed in some jeans and a tank with flats and wear my hair loose and flowing. I need to speak to Valencia; she's the only one that's been like a mother figure to me.

I take a cab and pull up to the club a few minutes later. The bouncer Rick lets me in and I see Valencia, she looks surprised to see me. "Darling, what brings you here?"

"I just needed an escape, is it alright if I just sit in your office and have a drink?" I ask her.

"Of course my angel, go on, I will be up in a bit," she answers hugging me and eyeing me suspiciously. As I walk up to her office I pass the VIP section and I see Luca and Leo there. I frown and my heart starts beating faster, is Romeo here? They spot me too late and I rush past them to the back booth and my stomach drops, my worst fear comes true, Hillary is straddling Romeo and they are kissing, she has her hand in his pants and he's sucking her naked breast. I stand there frozen and numb. Romeo opens his eyes and they go wide not expecting to see me, he pushes Hillary off and tries to come near me stumbling, and I realise he's drunk out of his mind.
He reaches out to me. "Non toccarmi, puttana sporca!" I shout at him and he freezes.
(Don't you fucking touch me, you filthy man whore!)

"Alina wait!" I hear him shout, it's too late and I run out of the club and just keep running, tears streaming down my face. Why would he do this? How could I be so stupid, all he wanted was the thrill of having something he couldn't get, now that he's had it, he's bored, he doesn't want me, he never did!

I keep running to where, I have no idea and before I know it I run into someone and fall back hitting my head hard and black out.