CHAPTER 45 - Past Acquaintance

Romeo POV:

I have to admit, I was a bit taken back by Alina's reaction, I would have told her about Alessandra, I would never have cheated nor have a mistress, she knows that. I'm a bit mad right now, but I guess I have to put it all aside, we are celebrating our engagement, but I couldn't stay mad at her if I tried, I love her that much, I just need to cool off.

It's been about a half hour and Alina still hasn't come down, "Leo, please go check on Alina, she hasn't come down yet."

"Sure thing Rome I will be right back," Leo says waving as he walks toward the house. I know this wasn't the best time for us to have an argument but I asked her to marry me for fuck sake, why would I want some other woman, some old flame.

"Romeo?" Dimitri, Alina's brother calls.

"Si?" I answer.

"Where is my sister?" Dimitri asks, and I sigh.

"She was supposed to be down by now, Leo went to check on her, I can't leave the guests again," I answer frowning a bit. My phone vibrates, and I pull it out, "Leo?"

"Boss she's gone," Leo says and my heart drops.

"Che cazzo vuoi dire che se n'è andata?" I walk away screaming.

(What the fuck do you mean she's gone?)

"Just that, she not here, come to your bedroom," Leo says hanging up. I make my way as discreetly as I can into the house, Dimitri on my heels, clearly having heard me. My heart is hammering in chest; I'm finding it hard to breathe. Finally after what seems like forever I reach our bedroom.

I walk in and I feel like my hands will break so hard I'm clenching my fists. I take a breath and walk around the room checking the bathroom and the closet, nothing she's not here. "Leo, check the house and the grounds she can't be far!" I scream. Dimitri is looking at me like he wants to murder me right here, but says nothing, trying to reign in his temper.

"Boss, her things are packed by the bed, but I don't think she left willingly, why would she leave her engagement ring but leave without her things?" Leo says frowning. I know what he's saying, but if I say it out loud it will be real. My hands start shaking and I remind myself once more to breathe. I run my hands through my hair pacing hearing Leo call the men to check the house and grounds.

"Romeo, I'm not going to ask why my sisters things are packed, it's clear something happened, what I want to know is who do you think took her?" Dimitri finally speaks.

I finally stop pacing and look at him. I close my eyes, to calm myself. "There's only one person bold enough and reckless enough to try this, Marcello Reggio, he was someone I never thought I would cross paths with again," I answer sitting down on the bed.

"Why are you not doing anything and the fuck is Marcello Reggio? I only know of some rich family here in Italy named Reggio," Dimitri shouts, losing his patience. I motion for him to follow me and we make our way down to the study. Where my father, Gio, Luc, Tino and Dario are waiting, we close the door for some privacy.

"To answer your question Dimitri, Marcello, was once my best friend and he betrayed this family. He comes from a powerful family in his own right, but not as powerful as ours. They were once our allies, but got out of the business, his father wanted out but Marcello didn't," I stop and I see Dario, Luc and Leo pale, my father looking stoic.

"My father refused Marcello to join the business out of respect for his father, who didn't want this life. So Marcello, along with Drago tried to get revenge and almost had my entire family killed. His father was killed in the process, and he blamed us even more and swore he would get his revenge. We have been keeping tabs on him but two years ago he disappeared. If you think Drago Mancini was a fucking nutcase, Marcello is worse, much worse. If he has Alina, this is going to get bloody and ugly, an all-out war between two families." I sigh taking a drink, "Alina means the world to me, and she is my life no matter what happened between us. I will get her back, Leo has already started the search, and chances are he already has Alina on a plane out of the country. In order to get her back from him I have to stay calm, this was planned meticulously," I say to Dimitri.