CHAPTER 38 - Italian Illusion

Alina POV:

Nine hours and three minutes is how long the flight is, and I have to say it’s not at all unpleasant. Jake has been pestering me about details, well I told him some of what happened and he was shocked and somewhat saddened that I still had a reaction, he had tears in his eyes but was happy that I took control. He's such an amazing friend, I just wish Mari were here.

We are about to land and Romeo holds my hand as the plane descends and finally comes to a stop. We get unbuckled and I grab my purse since Romeo has his men grab the luggage. It’s so warm in Italy but heading into fall soon, the last of the summer days. Romeo barks off orders as soon we set foot on the tarmac. "Ciao, per favore assicurati che abbiamo la sicurezza che circonda le macchine fino a raggiungere la villa. Non ci sono fermate e assicurati che tutti siano armati."

(Hi, please make sure we have security surrounding the cars till we reach the villa. No stops, and make sure everyone is armed)

"Si," all the men answer.

"Lina, questo è Sabasdion, Daniel, Fabian, Emilio e Shane, la nostra principale sicurezza per il viaggio. Sono i miei uomini di fiducia qui in Italia e si occupano anche dei miei genitori e mia sorella, due o tre saranno sempre con noi a meno che Luc non sia con noi, allora saranno due di loro e poche altre guardie a distanza. Capire? Possiedo questa città ma è pericolosa, ho bisogno di sapere che sei sempre al sicuro," Romeo says to me hiding my face in both hands making sure I understand.

(Lina, this is Sabasdion, Daniel, Fabian, Emilio and Shane, our main security for the trip. They are my trusted men here in Italy and they also look after my parents and sister, two or three will be with us at all times unless Luc is with us then it will be two of them and a few other guards at a distance. Understand? I own this city but it’s dangerous, I need to know you are safe at all times)

"Sì, capisco il mio amore, non c'è bisogno di preoccuparsi. Starò attento," I answer loudly knowing this is Romeo Mafia King right now.

(Yes I understand my love, no need to worry. I will be careful)

I have to admit, being out in Italy and being with the family is a huge step to take, everyone will know now that I am with Romeo, possibly for life. It’s all quite daunting and doing nothing for my nerves, I still have to apologise to his family for running off. We have an SUV for the trip heading toward Tuscany, a beautiful villa and wine estate as Romeo says, I take in the scenery and I can't believe how my life has changed to finally be here again. If it weren't for Romeo I would still be on the run from that monster I had to call father. It’s a good thirty minute drive from the private airstrip but well with it. We finally pull up to the villa, it's like an estate on its own, it's huge and gorgeous, well huge is an understatement. We drive through huge black ornate iron gates surrounded by a massive brick wall and it's like a world on its own.

Fields of grapevines, gardens and water fixtures and a lake are scattered and its rustic and beautiful, the driveway is long and the house looks even bigger than I initially thought. An absolute rustic, very Tuscan style mansion of mansions in a beautiful beige color with terracotta tiles on the roof and beautiful vines on the walls. I could not have pictured anything quite so beautiful. We pull up around the massive fountain surrounded by stone fixtures and flowers and land up in front of the door. Security steps out first and then we get out. I see Romeo's parents and sister standing outside waiting.

"Ciao, mamma, papà, Isabella," Romeo greets along with Luc.

(Hello, mom, dad and Isabella)

Luc introduces Jake, and his parents are over the moon. And Romeo takes my hand knowing I'm nervous. His mother comes to me and surprises me and pulls me into a loving hug. "It's so lovely to see you again Alina, we have been so excited," she says and I breathe out a sigh of relief. Isabella gives me a quick hug and is off speaking to Luc and Romeo.