A Second Chance, To Run - Ch.2 (Sequel-Emma & Johnny's Story) *In Progress*

*Hey guys, here's the next chapter. I'm sorry that its a little short, but I hope the return of two most loved characters makes up for it ;) Please vote, fan and comment! <3 *

Chapter 2

“Remind me, why are we watching a bunch of school kids like a couple of creepy old perverts,” Alistair muttered, resting his chin on his palm as he stared out of the car window.

“Enough of the old and creepy, mate,” Damon chuckled, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.

“But the pervert bit is fine?” the blond-haired young man snorted, turning his eyes on the dark-haired vampire in the driving seat.     

Damon rolled his eyes, “we are here to keep an eye on Johnny and Emma.”   

“Last time I checked they were werewolves, and quite capable of looking after themselves,” Alistair grumbled, putting his hand over his mouth to hide a huge yawn.

“For crying out loud, Al, it’s not that early in the morning.”     

“It’s before eleven o’clock,” the werewolf growled, “in my book that’s early.”   

“Fine, whatever,” the vampire muttered, fixing his eyes on the school gates.

“What’s got your knickers in a twist?” Alistair asked, pulling his coffee from the cup holder and taking a swig.           

“Nothing,” Damon said briskly.

“Oh come on, Damon, you know you can’t hide anything from me.”  

“And how would you know that?” the dark-haired guy muttered, glancing sideways at his friend, “if I was hiding something from you then you wouldn’t know about it to know I was hiding anything.”

Alistair held up his hand in defeat, “wow, that’s too complicated for eight in the morning, mate.”

Damon didn’t smile, instead he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, “I’m worried, Al.”  

“About what exactly?”            

“About everything,” the vampire admitted, “about Johnny and Emma, about Sasha and Kelly, about the strange disappearances and sightings, about the increased activity of other werewolves and vampires, about –“        

“- You can’t worry about that many things at once,” Alistair blurted, “You’ll explode!” 

“Not funny,” Damon snapped, his eyes darkening.       

“Not even a tiny bit?” Alistair flashed the vampire his top sexy-Hollywood smile.  

Damon glowered across the car at the werewolf, “could you please try and be serious for one moment.”

“Ok, ok, God!” Alistair sighed, shaking his head, “when did you become Mr Serious Black?”    

“I think you’ll find you’re the one who transforms into a four-legged flea bag,” Damon muttered.       

“Hey, there’s the old Damon I know and love!” Alistair cheered, punching the other guy in the arm warmly.

“Alistair, aren’t you at all worried about any of it?”      

The golden haired werewolf shrugged his muscular shoulders, “I guess, but the P.A.I.B has everything under control I’m sure.”   

“And what about Sasha and Kelly?” the vampire asked pointedly, “Are you concerned about why we haven’t heard from them in five days?”      

“I’m sure their fine,” Alistair said honestly, finishing his coffee, “Kelly makes one mean werewolf now, and you and I both know that Sasha would tear apart a whole army to protect Kelly.”

“You’d better be right,” Damon muttered, “but I still can’t shake off the feeling that something bad has happened to them, I can feel it in my gut.”

“Are you sure you don’t just need to fart?” Alistair joked, grinning.

Damon hit him hard.

“Aw! That was uncalled for!”   

*End of Chapter 2. So, what did you think? Have you guys missed Damon and Alistair? Please let me know in the comments - you feedback really makes writing worth while! Thanks <3 *