A Second Chance, To Run - Ch.4 (Sequel-Emma & Johnny's Story) *In Progress*

*Here you go guys :) hope you like it, please vote, fan and comment!*

Emma stared at her brother, beginning to feel a prickle of fear. What was wrong with him? Cautiously, she reached out to touch Johnny's elbow, praying to snap him out of his trance-like state.

"Johnny, what's wrong? Please, tell me," Emma was close to begging. She tried to follow her brother's gaze but saw nothing, or nobody, out of place.

Harvey was frowning, looking between Emma and Johnny, bewildered.

"Em..." Whispered Johnny, blinking but still no looking away from whatever he saw, "Emma...I can't...breathe...I can't...control..."

"OK, Johnny, it's alright!" Emma exclaimed, beginning to tug her brother towards somewhere more private and safe.

Harvey went to follow but Emma stopped him with a look, her eyes briefly flashing gold.

Quickly, Emma led Johnny down the crowded school corridor and round a corner. She paused by the first classroom door they reached and was released to find it empty. She almost shoved Johnny inside in her haste to make sure no one saw his burning golden eyes or his lengthening canine teeth.

Closing the classroom door behind her, Emma turned to her brother to find him doubled over in pain as he grappled with the change. Letting out a growl, Johnny collapsed to his knees. His fingernails split as he dug them into the floor, black claws bursting free. Throwing back his head, the muscles and veins in his neck stood out vividly as he snarled. Mouth open, his teeth length and his canines defined themselves into deadly points. Eyes glowing with the ferocity of fire, Johnny's whole body quaked.

"Johnny? Johnny!" Emma cried out her brother's name, stepping towards him, "what's wrong? Why are you changing?"

But he couldn't answer her, his mouth was no longer human, it was lengthening into a muzzle and the sound of cracking bone filled the room.

Emma knelt before her brother, putting her hands on his shoulders and shaking him with everything she had.

"Johnny, stop it! Listen to me, calm down!"

As if from far away, Johnny heard his sister's pleas. He tried to focus on them and calm his pounding heart as it pumped the adrenaline around his body - changing it - but it was impossible. His wolf was snarling and howling, clawing at his skin and tearing at his flesh with his fangs - desperate to get free. Desperate to kill the red-haired girl.

Why? Johnny shouted at his wolf, shoving it back with ever fibre of his body. Why do you want to hurt her?

The wolf answered back with sharp, painful flashes of emotion. Panic. Fear. Anger. Frustration. They all burned Johnny's senses as they merged together to scream at him one thing. Run. Danger. Beware. Danger. Run.

Emma did not know what to do. She cradled Johnny's head in her lap as he limbered and twisted. He had stopped changing, his body stiff and locked, his face frozen halfway between human and wolf.

Then, Johnny's eyes snapped open. Emma saw the panic and the instinct to run blazing in them, and she knew Johnny was about to lose total control. So she slapped him. As hard as she could, she slapped him across the face. The force of it snapped her brother's head to the side and he let out a shocked gasp. Emma felt her hand stinging from the force of the slap but the pain was instantly forgotten about as relief flooded her. Johnny turned his head to look up at her with wide, confused eyes. His face had shrank back to human and his claws and teeth had retracted.

"Y-you slapped me," Johnny stammered in a weak, taken aback voice.

"Well, would you rather I let you wolf-out in school and run riot?" Emma snapped, though she was actually angry.

"Point taken," Johnny muttered, sitting up and wincing as he flexed his jaw, "though did you have to slap me so hard?"

"Yes," Emma growled, helping her brother to his feet carefully, "what the hell happened, Johnny? You have never came so close to losing control like that before."

"I-I know," her brother whispered, running a hand through his messy black hair, "I saw...never mind."

"No!" Emma blurted, grabbing Johnny's arm as he tried to slip past her towards the door, "your not getting out of this without telling me. Who did you see?"

"It doesn't matter," Johnny lied quickly, not meeting his sister's eyes.

"Clearly it does." Emma muttered darkly, crossing her arms stubbornly over her chest, "Johnny, tell me the truth."

"Fine," he sighed, grinding his teeth together, "I've been having these dreams lately -"

"- What kind of dreams?" Emma interrupted, "the kind that hearing about will forever emotionally scar me, or the kind that -"

"- I thought you wanted me to tell you!" Johnny snapped, eyes flashing.

Emma scowled but nodded.

"Like I was saying, I have been having these dreams. In them I see this girl, I don't know who she is...but I always turn then...and I always kill her," Johnny summed it up as simply as he could.

"O...K," Emma said, frowning, "but how does that explain what just happened?"

"I was beginning to hope that she wasn't real, that she was just a figment of my imagination or something," Johnny whispered, his eyes glazing over, "I don't want to hurt her, I don't want to hurt anybody, but my wolf does. He tells me she's dangerous."

"Johnny!" Emma blurted, catching hold of her brother sleeve, "why did you lose control just now?"

"Because I saw her, Emma!" Johnny nearly shouted, "she was here, in school, acting completely normal. I saw her and my wolf panicked, he wanted me to change to attack her, to kill me! Right there in the corridor! Emma, what is happening to me?"

"Shhh, it's alright," Emma tried to sooth her brother, wrapping her arms around him as tugging him tightly, "everything will be fine. We will work this out together. You hear me, Johnny? I'm not gonna let you hurt anyone, I promise you."

Emma felt Johnny nod as he buried his face in the side of her neck. Mind racing, Emma tried to take in what her brother had just told her, what did it mean? How could he dream about someone he had never even seen before until now? And most importantly, why did his wolf want her dead?

Inside Emma, as she thought, she felt her own wolf steering. She reached out to her, taking strength from the wolf's presence. Inside her mind, her wolf whimpered and dread chilled Emma. Her wolf's sad whimper told her that, whatever was going on, she had only seen the very beginning.

*End of chapter 4. So, what did you think? Please tell me in a comment below!