❝so near yet so far away❞ JJK - angst

She walked through the hallways of her building as she greeted back the employees that constantly greeted her.

"Ma'am? Mrs. Song has asked for your presence."  she sighed, knowing damn well that she would be only greeted with her unnecessary ranting.

She then deeply sighed again, facing the door that connected to her mother's office. Even though it was closed, the grey big door had radiated the dark aura from inside and it was worth the shiver that ran down her spine.

She knocked, her hands shaking a bit.

"Come in." she opened the door to see her mother staring straight at her with cold and deadly eyes. "Close the door."

She did, stepping forward, back straigh and chin up, just like a sophisticated woman.

"Tsk tsk tsk." she scoffed, standing up from her black big chair and walking up towards her. She stood in front of her. "Your such a failure, aren't you?"

She felt her eyes watering by her remark. "How did I have a daughter that is such a failure." she continued. "I am very disappointed in you."

She then walked back to get a folder with papers inside of it. Walking towards her again, she raised the files.

"See this?" she firmly said. "This is the result of your weakness! Our sales did not increase for the past 2 weeks and that is okay for you?!"

Tears slid down her cheeks. "You are such a disappointment! Do something and impress me for once!" she then threw the files on the ground beside her feet as y/n flinched.

Her mother then stepped on the files that she threw on the floor.

"You are not my daughter for nothing!" she screamed. "If you can't be who I want you to be, then I cannot accept you as my own blood and flesh."

She massaged the bridge of her nose as sighed. She then stared at the files that her mother had stepped on earlier.

"Y/N, baby?" a soft voice called out and she looked up to see her fiancé.

"Gguk. What are you doing here?" she smiled.

"I was worried." he smiled back. "Let's go home now. I miss your cuddles."

She smiled sadly and looked down at her unfinished papers.

"Gguk, I'm sorry but I can't. Today was very stressful and-"

"Again?" he firmly asked and you looked up at him to see his disappointed face. "Every fucking time y/n. Do you not love me anymore?"

Her eyes widened and she stood up. "What? Baby no," she then began walking towards him and her heart broke upon seeing his clenched fists.

"I'm just stressed and tired, okay? I promise to finish this today so that tomorrow we can-"

"But then I won't be free tomorrow!" he whined. "I have work tomorrow."

"We don't have time for each other anymore." his lips quivered and a tear fell down his cheek. Tears also slid down her cheeks as she saw his state.

They were both desperate.

"I'm miss you." he whispered. "You're just here beside me but why does it feel like you're so far away?"

"Why does it feel like I can't reach you and hold you and kiss you!" he shouted as tears cascaded down her cheeks. "I want to hold you! I want to kiss you and- and-"

She sobbed as she tightly hugged him. It hurt to see him in this state. He also sobbed, wrapping his arms around her small body and burying his face on the crook of her neck.

"I miss your smell, you cuddles," he sobbed. "I-I miss y-you."

"And I miss you too." she whispered. "I promise that I'll have more time for the both of us from now on."

"I love you." she smiled despite the pain she felt from today's events and the sight of her crying fiancé.

"I-I love you m-more."

author🍡
hey, don't be a silent reader, your feed back is highly appreciated :))