❝death bed❞ angst - jjk

"Kook we can't be together." you pleaded. "Please understand me."

"Then we'll change our own fate! Y/N please. We can be together if we want to."

You shook your head, lips quivering as you broke out of his grip on your hands. You turned around, heart shattering.

"I gave up everything for you but why can't you do that for me!" he shouted. "Please. I love you."

"I love you too. But I'm sorry. There can never be an us."

With that she walked out the door, and he cried, knees weakening as he fell to the floor.

˗ˏˋ ✨✨✨ ˎˊ˗

She stared out the window, eyes dull and empty. Just like her life.

"Ma'am." her secretary called, softly opening the door. She turned around, pen tightly clutched on her hand as she looked up, tears welling up her eyes once again.

She was like this at the past five months. Going to work, sitting down, signing files, looks out the window, remembers him and then cries.

She was getting tired already and she doesn't even do anything that major. The dark bags under her eyes getting worse and worse, lips getting paler and head feeling lighter.

She closed her eyes, tears falling out unto the carpeted floor. "I missed him so much."

"I-i have bad news ma'am." her secretary said. "It's about jungkook."

She shot up, eyes wide and heart beating fast with worry and excitement.

"W-what happened?"

"He's looking for you ma'am. He-he wanted to see you before he-he—" her secretary looked into her eyes as she found it hard to continue. "Jungkook is dying ma'am. He's in his death bed."

She stood up, shaking her head. "No. No! He can't! Where the hell is he!?"

"He's at his house ma'am—"

She ran out her office, bumping into her staff, not having time to even say sorry.

As she was running, she suddenly felt a firm grip on her wrist. "Where the hell do you think you're going?" her mother stated, eyes burning holes.

"To someone who can make me happy. Unlike you." Y/N said, pushing her mother's hand away and continuing to run.

˗ˏˋ  ✨✨✨ ˎˊ˗

You burst through the door of jungkook's house, still sobbing uncontrollably.

"What the hell are you doing here?" you heard a voice and you turned to see yoongi, one of jungkook's friends. "Get out." his eyes darkened and he headed towards you, tightly gripping your wrist and dragging you towards the door front door.

You resisted, thrashing around. "Yoongi." you heard another voice and you looked up to see seokjin. "Let her go. She needs to see jungkook too."

"But she's the reason that he chose to not take medications seokjin! Don't you understa—"

"If I said she needs to see jungkook then she will see him!" seokjin shouted before he turned to you, eyes soft and almost comforting. "Let's go."

"I need to see jungkook." you pleaded. "Please."

Seokjin nodded, hand resting on your back as he guided you towards a room. You gasped, seeing hi on the bed, whole body pale and bags dark under his eyes.

Hoseok, namjoon, jimin and taehyung were inside, guarding him. Seokjin along with Yoongi, entered the room as you kneeled down beside the bed, heart thumping.

"Jungoo." you called out and his eyes, fluttered open, tears immediately welling up. "I'm sorry."

He weakly smiled, hand reaching up to caress your cheek as his tears fell.

"I'm sorry for not fighting for you. It's be hard for me Jungoo. I missed you so much. I've been thinking about you. Everything just wasn't the same anymore—" you watched as his breathing became unstable. "P-please fight for me. I-I promise I'll fight for you. I'll fight for us jeongguk please."

You held his hand and intertwined it with yours. "Pleased don't leave me. Please." you kissed the back of his pale hands. "Please jungkook. Please please."

His eyes slowly fluttered, smile still on his lips. "Jungkook no! Please! Hey don't leave me please."

But before he fully closed his eyes, you didn't miss how his lips said the words, "I love you."

You cried, "I love you too. Please don't leave me! Jeongguk!" you shouted, feeling his breathing stop. "No no no! NO! PLEASE! Jeongguk! You tightly held his hand, tears spilling out of your eyes like waterfalls.

"NOOO! Seokjin please do something!" you looked at them, tears in your eyes as you pleaded. "Pleaaaseeeee! Jeongguk!"

You saw how they were all crying now too. Yoongi was looking away, but it was clear that he was crying as you had heard him sniff.

A pair of hands held you as you kept thrashing around, not being able to believe the fact that he was gone.

That the man you love with all your heart is now gone.

Jimin held you close, tightly hugging you as you continued crying. He caressed your hair, crying too.

Soon enough, you calmed yourself, "C-can I please be alone for now?" you asked them. "Please."

Seokjin nodded, looking at his friends as they all left the room. He smiled at you sadly before fully closing the door.

"Kook I—" you started but choked on your words. "If I can't be with you. Then I will never be with anyone else."

You pulled out your antidepressants, opening the bottle and placing more than you should on your palm. Without hesitating, you drank them. Choking as you had too much.

Then you looked at his face, tears blurring your eyes. You held his hand as you felt your head getting lighter.

"I love you."

[🗒️]

okay i cried while writing this.

so this chap is actually inspired by the song 'death bed'.