❝you need me but you don't love me❞ JHS - angst

you're only here when you need me. but have you ever thought of how i felt?

"You really doin' this y/n?" she said, worry painting her voice. "He's hurting you and you know that. But why do you keep letting him break you?"

She chuckled, looking down at her hot coffee. "Because he needs me." she looked outside the window as she sighed.

Suddenly, a beep from her phone interrupted the silence that surrounded the both of them.

She fished out her phone and unlocked it, seeing a message from him.

hoseokie✨💞
y/n? where are you? i need you. please.

y/n✨💖
i'll be at my house. see you. love you.

hoseokie✨💞
okay. thank you.

You sighed, standing up. Minji look up at you with furrowed brows. "I need to go. He needs me." you said, grabbing your purse and walking out the cafe with teary eyes.

🍂

"Hoseok." he turned around as he heard her call. She then sat down beside him as he laid his head on her lap.

She felt hot tears stain her pants as he cried. "We had a fight. She told me that our relationship is becoming toxic."

You breathed in, feeling your tears well up. "Talk to her. If you really love her, then resolve the problem calmly hoseok."

"I will." he said. "I love her and I can't lose her."

She felt the tears stream down her cheeks as she heard his remark.

"I don't think I can do this anymore hoseok" she said. "I'm broken now. You've broken me."

"What..." he sat up, his eyes softening as he saw her tears. "Why are you crying y/n?" he cupped her cheeks, wiping her unending falling tears.

"I love you." she suddenly blurted out. She searched his eyes. She saw nothing. Nothing but concern and pity was what she saw. There was no love.

"Y/N..."

She removed his hands from her cheeks. "You need me but you don't love me."

"But me? I love you and I need you hoseok." she panted. "I don't know if this is even normal anymore."

"Maybe it isn't. If it isn't, then I'd have to make it normal. I'd have to leave you and let you go."

"Because I can't just keep breaking."

author.
thoughts?