04~ Darling

Chapter 04~ Darling

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

I turned around to find the source of the noise and saw the sink tap on. I sighed and walked towards it but froze in my tracks when I noticed a shadow looming behind me.

"Darling"

Oh no. I turned around slowly and came face to face with the devil himself.

He had a hammer in his hands and a menacing look, his eyes they held a deranged and fierce fire in them.

It was thanks to him I knew how to read people's eyes. I spent my whole life studying his.

Cause if I didn't. Consequences.

He stumbled towards me and I realised what that meant. He was drunk. Again.

"Come here"

I shook my head and stepped back.

"Goddamnit! I said come here!!" He raised the hammer and smashed the wall with my family portrait. They came crashing down, broken glass getting everywhere.

"What did I say about disobeying me?!" He started advancing towards me, "Answer you dumb bitch!"

Tears pricked at my eyes,"c-consequences"

His face was hovering above mine now and I could smell the cigarette smoke and strong alcohol reeking off him.

"That's right, fucking consequences" he bit my earlobe and licked the side of my neck, "I love you darling"

I shuddered knowing what happens next, "I know" I whispered.

And with that he raised the hammer and smashed my left hand on the counter.

I screamed.