20~We are gonna have lot's of fun Roberts

Sorry for the late update guys!

Picture aside is young Steph💞 and young Veronica😒

Chapter 20~We are gonna have lot's of fun Roberts

I am crazy.

Definately batshit crazy.

It's the only explanation as to why I am sneaking into a hospital, to ask a seven year old boy who supposedly has not talked to anyone in three years for advice.

Yep, definately batshit crazy.

I stared at the door, not sure if it was the right one.

What if it isn't and I see something I shouldn't have seen in my 17 years of life.

Oh god.

I take a deep breath and push the door open, breathing out the air I was holding when I saw Dylan lying on his bed.

He looked horrible. His skin was way more pale than before and he had huge dark circles under his eyes, he still had the breathing tubes in his nose and had a huge book in his lap while he stared out the window.

Damn. He was only seven.

I took a seat next to him amd although he didn't acknowledge my presence, I knew he knew I was there.

So we just sat there. In comfortable silence, while he stared sadly at the window.

After about 10 minutes he sighed and I saw him blink back tears and touch his breathing tube.

"Dy-"

"I haven't been outside in five years, Curly" he said, still not looking at me.

My mouth snapped shut and my little broken heart broke a little more at this piece of information.

"Why?" I whispered quietly.

He snorted, a burning fire in his eyes as he pulled at his breathing tube, "why do you think?"

I shook my head at him, "Dylan y-"

"I met a girl last week"

My eyebrows shot to the sky, "wh-"

He chuckled, his blue eyes twinkling. "Relax, I may look and act older than 10 but I'm still 7, don't forget"

I relaxed a little feeling stupid for thinking such incorrigible things about a 7 year old.

"What was she like?" I said, trying to take his mind off his breathing problems.

He looked at me with excited eyes, "she was...wow"

I grinned, "expantiate"

He glared at me, "I'm smart not a genius, easier english please?"

I playfully glared back, "sorry Einstein, I meant tell me more"

He shook his head and sighed, "I didn't say a word to her yet, she still talked to me. Can you imagine?"

I smiled.

"She just talked and talked and smiled and laughed" he pulled at his long hair. "And I just stared like an idiot"

"Maybe because you are one?" I said in a playful hushed tone.

He glared at me and I laughed, after a while he joined me and our laughter filled the quiet hospital room.

"Well, I didn't ask for her name so I guess I kinda am one" he huffed in furstration.

I chuckled and checked my watch, 12:32.

Hunter was picking me up by one.

I closed my eyes to calm my nerves and then opened them giving him a sincere smile, "so, what did she talk about?"