24~ Payphone

Life altering question guys😱

Marvel or DC?🤔

Chapter 24~ Payphone

I blinked.

Then I burst out laughing, "I'm sorry, what?"

Hunter didn't say anything when I looked at him for an explanation and it made my blood boil.

He thinks he can lie to me, then ignore me. What a douche.

The girl who I'm assuming is going to be another bitchy character in my story rolled her eyes.

Stroking her hands across his face and pecking him on the lips she smirked at me, "we are engaged"

"That's completely ridiculous" I snapped. "You're barely adults, and you're getting married? Hunter can't get married to you. He probably doesn't even know you that well"

"Well we aren't getting married yet but we are engaged, have been for over a year now" she said smugly.

My jaw dropped.

"And we've known each other our whole lives" she spat.

I looked at them in disbelief. Noticing how Hunter didn't even make an effort to stop her from kissing or touching him.

My heart stung.

"Is this true?" I murmured, my eyes never leaving his face.

He glanced at me before looking down and tensing, "yes"

I felt a wave of sadness hit me before I clenched my jaw and stood up grabbing my purse.

"Great! Another lie?! You're freaking engaged and didn't even bother to say anything?!" I shouted angrily.

He remained quiet and realization dawned on me.

"Is that why we came here?! It wasn't to get away, or to help me out. It was because you wanted to visit your fucking fiance?!"

He shook his head slightly finally looking at me, "what? I-"

"Am I the only one that doesn't know about this?! Does Colette know? Does Alex? Jake? Addison?"

He shut his mouth and didn't say a word but his silence was enough.

They do.

"Un-fucking-believable!" I ran a hand through my curly mane and desperately searched my mind for anything that could have hinted that he was engaged.

I came up with nothing. He was a normal high school senior, he was making out with someone when I first met him, for fucks sake.

"Where on Earth did you find this whore babe?" The bitch glanced at me in disgust.

I looked up at her in rage, wanting nothing more than to pull out her obvious extensions and rip off her fake nails.

She stood up and stood in front of me, matching my 5'8 height with her heels.

"If you ask me, I think she has a crush on you" she giggled.

"He didn't ask you" I snapped, shoving her and storming out of the restaurant.

I ignored the obvious shouts from Hunter and ran as fast as I could, away from that God awful place.

The place where I just had one of the best moments of my life.

The place where, even if it was for just a few seconds...

I liked Hunter.

And those few seconds felt amazing before reality came crashing in.