18~Curly

Picture aside is Dylan, you'll meet him soon.....

Chapter 18~Curly

My leg hurt.

That was the first thing that registered when I felt myself waking up.

I groaned and let out a little cry of pain when I tried to move it. I opened my eyes and regreted it almost immediately when I was met with blinding white lights, I looked around in confusion wondering how the hell I got into a hospital.

My whole right leg from under my knee down was in a white cast and my head pounded trying to recollect my memories.

Then it all came back.

The ambush, Hunter, fight, danger, Montblac, the dream.

It didn't take a genius for me to realize that it was another memory from that night. The only difference is that I remember this one perfectly.

It wasn't hazy or disoriented like the others.

This one was clear as day.

I smiled in happiness but it immediately dropped when the pain in my leg increased in tenfold. I pressed the nurse button and cried out in pain.

The doors immediately burst open and a nurse came in followed by a very familiar looking doctor.

Her orange hair was in a high bun and she was holding a book, scribbling things in it as the nurse checked my vitals and stuff like that.

After a while the pain reduced and I felt myself relax a little.

"Hello dear" She smiled as she snapped the book she was holding shut.

"Hi Mrs Black" I said sheepishly.

She dismissed the nurse and sat on a chair beside me, I gulped nervously fearing what she had to say. She had this serious face adults have when they want to deliver bad news.

"So how bad is it?" I asked.

She shook her head and opened her book, flipping through the pages, "let's just say, the person that kicked you knew exactly what he was doing"

I looked at her in confusion, "I don't understand"

"You have a compound fracture, not to bad but not too good either, you should be good in a month or two" She scribbled in her book.

"A month! or two!" I exclaimed.

"It's not that bad dear" she tried to reason but I wasn't having any of it.

"I can't go that long without walking-"

"That's not true, you get your own crotches so you can freely move around" she grinned.

I huffed angrily and she gave a nervous smile bringing out some sort of walkie talkie, "bring them in" she whispered.

I raised an eyebrow, "who?"

"You'll see" she smirked.

I blinked. Despite not being Hunter's real mom, they both have this weird resemblance. I just can't place-

The door burst open and before I even had time to blink the room was filled with people as all of them came barrelling in, talking at once, some grabbing me.

I almost had a heart attack right there.

"Choco are you okay!"

"I'm so sorry girl!"

"You kicked ass Stephy!"

"Who were those people"

"Does anything hurt?!"