40~ it all ends tonight

Question: how many things are left to discover in this book?

Chapter 40~it all ends tonight

"Where is she?!"

"Hunter-"

"Where the fuck is my grandmother?!" He flipped the coffee table and it crashed on the floor loudly.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and clutched the hidden note addressed to me in the palm of my fist.

"You should contact Harold, have some guys look into it. I have something important to take care of-"

"No" he stepped closer to me, his eyes searching my face.

"I-I can't do this without you, please" he begged quietly and I bit my lip.

"Okay, how about you go to your house and get started and I'll go to mine and get some help from my brothers, I'll meet you back at your place in an hour" I wiped the stray tear from his cheek and he nodded engulfing me in a hug.

"I-If something happens to her-"

"Nothing will happen to her" I said firmly, clenching the note tighter. "I'll make sure of it"

He released me and I gave him a small smile and ran out.

"Hey Princess!"

I whipped my head around to find Hunter on the porch with the angriest face I've ever seen on him. He tossed me his keys, "If you find out the person that did this before I do"

He stared at me dead straight in the eye.

"Fuck them up" he said menacingly and I nodded firmly and got on his motorcycle, revving the engine.

"Be careful, okay?" I told him and his eyes softened slightly.

"You too"

I drove off

••••••••••••••

"There you are St-"

"No time for talk guys, I need your help" I said in a serious tone once I entered the living room.

Candy immediately got up from Stephan's lap, "why? What's going on little squash" she said in concern.

"I'll tell you everything, but you have to promise me that what I'm about to say won't leave this room" I said sternly and Steven put down his game console and crossed his arms.

"Of course" he said quietly and I eyed the dark bags under his eyes and plain grey shirt he wore without cartoon characters on it.

I'll have to deal with that later...

"Don't freak out, okay? And please don't try and change my mind. I just need you to stand by me no matter what, and help me me" I said with a sigh and Stephan clenched his jaw.

"Always"

So I told them everything.

About Montblac and his new employer, Veronica with a hidden scheme that connects to everything, Jaxon back in town, the mysterious notes, what happened two years ago and Katherine kidnapped.

"So, I think Jason is Montblac's employer, he tried to throw me off his trail by seeming to help me, he tried to kidnap me cause he's still in love with me, and he targeted Hunter and his family because he's jealous" I sighed, running my hand through my curly locks.

"Are you sure Steph, Jaxon hurt you sometimes, yes, but before he was even your boyfriend, he was your bestfriend, he obviously will always care for you, maybe-"