29~ professional hitmen

Continued....

This chapter dedicated to my good friend imfangirl_1510 who is literally awesome, love ya😘

Chapter 29~ professional hitmen

"What the fuck are you doing here" I gritted my teeth and his arms around me tightened.

"Don't turn around, don't yell, don't attract attention, darling" he warned.

"What do you want" I spat.

He sighed and buried his face in my neck, taking a deep breath. "I missed you Stephy"

I felt myself falter a bit before clenching my fist, "start talking, or I'm gonna start swinging" I threatened.

He had always been my weakness, always.

We had known each other since we were in diapers, we were best friends for years before the thought of dating even came to us at all.

It was always, Me, him and Brooklyn.

No one else mattered. We were woven from the same wool and were peas in a pod for as long as I can remember.

Then Brook died.

Jaxon became a wreck. She was after all his twin sister, his best friend, his family.

Their mom died giving birth to them and their dad disappeared when they were 3. Our family was their family, we were everything to each other.

Brooklyn died, Jaxon got lost in the wrong crowd and started dealing, smoking, drinking, and every single time he was intoxicated and he was frustrated and angry, he took it out on me.

Of course he wouldn't remember the next day, but I would.

I remembered every fucking time he laid a hand on me.

And every fucking time he made my life a living hell.

I would never forgive him.

"I wanted to talk" he said softly.

"Talk to my fist, you dirty bastard" I said in annoyance.

"We need to talk Steph, you need to understand what the hell has been going on these last 2 freakin years. I know I'm the last person you would want to talk to, and I know that I hurt you. But you have to hear me out" he said sincerely and I clenched my jaw.

"I don't have to do anything. But you have to get the hell out of this place, this city, this country unless you want to end up dead" I snapped at him.

"I know, I can't even begin to apologize because my apologies isn't even worth listening to, but-"

"Exactly, your apologies mean nothing to me. You mean nothing to me, so get you disgusting hands off me and leave me the hell alone" I shouted and pushed his arms off me, whirling around to break his jaw.

My jaw dropped when I noticed his face, the usual dark circles under his eyes were gone, any trace of a stubble shaved and his face fresh and clean, his dull, lifeless has eyes were bright and full of life and I couldn't smell a trace of alcohol or cigars on him.

He looked... different.

Nothing like the monster that fueled my nightmares or the maniac that abused me for 12 months.

"You have to listen to me Steph, you're in danger. Brandon is-"

"No, you have to listen to me. I don't give a flying rats ass if you're repented now or some shit like that. I don't care how sorry you are. And I certainly don't care about fucking Brandon. All I want, is for you to leave me the hell alone and stay the fuck away from me!" I ran my hands through my hair and glared daggers at him.