Epilogue

Last Question: how much did you enjoy this book?

3 months later...

"It's perfect!" Candy proclaimed for like the 50th time in the past 10 minutes.

I tried to cover up the slit that showed all of the right side of my leg, "it just seems..."

She rolled her eyes, "it's completely gorgeous. You're the one that begged me to dress you and said you wanted to make a statement" she said incredulously.

I smoothed out the dress with my hands in nervousness, "yeah, but I didn't think I'd wear red, please can I wear something black. I meant like maybe more makeup than usual" I put my hand on my chest as I gazed at myself in the mirror.

Beautiful would be an understatement. I look absolutely breathtaking, and sexy all in one go.

"Hey don't pin that dress on me, even though it's absolutely gorgeous. You're the one that asked Steven to buy a dress for you, not me" she shrugged innocently and I swallowed.

"But what if everyone stares..."

"That's kinda the point darling" she drawled and added a white rose to my hair.

"But"

"Enough" she snapped, "you are Stephanie fucking Roberts and you are a mother fucking queen, okay? You will slay at this prom and you will feel nothing but good about it. We clear?" She scolded and I rolled my eyes.

"Crystal" I muttered.

"You're ending high school little squash, new journey, new friends, new places, new...loves"

She said the last part silently but I still heard her, "I told you Candy, like I've been telling you this past 3 months. I'm never falling in love again, and I'm not looking for any kind of relationship" I said firmly.

"Bu-"

"No. I had 3 pieces of my heart, all completely broken, I can't handle even a tiny bit of heartbreak again or I will completely melt down" I said and she sighed, glancing at the picture of me and Hunter singing in the Base.

She clasped my necklace into my neck and I shivered once the cool metal came in contact with my skin.

"Why do you keep this necklace then" she said quietly as we both stared at the necklace with a beautiful silver tiara and diamonds encrusted in it- that were probably real diamonds- attached to the chain.

It came on my birthday with a dozen white roses, a basket of all my favorite different chocolates and a song.

One that Hunter wrote for me.

I threw it in the trash the minute I read it and put the flowers on Katherine's grave.

The only thing I couldn't get right of was the princess tiara necklace.

Well...and I ate the chocolate but whatever!

"Because even though I absolutely despise you know who- and no I am not talking about Voldemort- the necklace is gorgeous and probably cost a lot of money" I shrugged in indifference and she tried to hide her smile.

"Suuure" she chuckled and I glared at her.

"Come on, everyone is probably waiting for me downstairs" I grumbled and stood up, balancing perfectly on my stilettos, my favorite dagger attached to my ankle.

I checked the mirror one last time before grabbing my purse and heading out the door, but I immediately stumbled into Brooklyn.

"Sorry" I said and cringed when she clutched her side from the knife wound she got 3 months ago.