C H A P T E R: 13

Clutching my bag tightly and taking in a few deep breaths I entered into the spring. Greeted with hugs from mom and uttu I placed my bag on the couch. Though I was quite okay than before yet I have no idea how I would change when sanskaar comes right in front of me after that encounter. Dad refused to send me here to spring as he saw me in a devasted state an hour ago while I somehow managed to convince him and let me here. 

I want to have a change of place and this place is no less than a heaven to me but unfortunately he will be there as well around me. Moreover I have to study with him.... God! This is so terrible. I don't even know how I would meet his face again.

"Mom." 

I dropped the spoon which I was holding when I heard his voice.

"Careful beta." Mom took the spoon while I nodded without looking up at all. 

"Don't come near me swara, this would hurt you than you would ever imagine. You deserve something so don't do this."

Those words kept on ringing and adding more it's him now. I was stirring milk with all the difficulties and thanks to all gods, Uttra came in. Asking her to take care of it I rushed out passing away through him while I felt his intense gaze on me but I didn't dare to turn around. 

~

He was sitting in front of me doing his assignment while I was doing mine or to say pretending to be doing. I was lacking in concentration already and how can I do this? Moreover the submission date was a day after tomorrow, that made me even more lazier. 

Instead of drawing I kept playing with the pencil placing my head on the table. 

It's been half an hour since we sat down together. Not a word uttered by either him or myself. An awkward silence was spread between us.... This wasn't the silence I'm fond of. Usually we don't talk much but that comfortable silence was much more better and soothing rather than this. I seriously hate this one!

"Close your book." I looked up and saw him staring at me. 

No, I can't look at his eyes again!

"Why?" I asked looking away from him. 

"Something's disturbing you. Go do what you want, we'll continue our assignments later." He stood up collecting his papers and books. 

I silently took my books and papers and kept it on my bag. He was right! He wants me to do what I want right? Then I'll do!

~

We started walking down towards the street to reach my house. The sky was fully painted in blue-black with stars shining and glittering amidst the dark sky with a cresent moon adding more beauty. 

Oh speaking of all this I forgot, I had to speak with him. I have to make few things clear to him or else this awkward silence would continue between us which I hate the most.

"Sanskaar." I called him and stood at the place halting myself from walking. 

"Hmm?" He turned around to see my standing and he looked at me. 

"I... what I did today in the cafe was not for coming close to you. I... We are friends! Friends share their hardships and happiness. I know we really don't share that type of bond yet you are my friend and I can't bear any one speaking ill of my friend. I can't keep my mouth shut like you do." I spitted out all I wanted in front of him. He had to know why I did that as well, he deserves to know after all it is all about him. 

He turned away for a few seconds and looked at me again tucking his hands in his demins pocket. 

"These are usual to me swara, if I had to fight with them then trust me I should do that for a life long. They won't end in few." He said blankly.