C H A P T E R: 32

My eyes felt so heavy but I forced my eyelids opened and blinked while my eyes were getting used to the white light.

There was so much white....

Where am I ?

I frowned and looked aside to see my a needle buried on my wrist vein and there was a oxygen mask fixed on my mouth.  I looked around to see several machines but other than that the room was empty. My head hurted a little while I was trying to remember where I was and what happened with me.

Memories came to me in rush leaving me breathless.....

Collage..
Sanskaar..
Me driving in the car..
Accident...
Bracelet..

Sanskaar and dad...

I took a sharp breathe in while tears ran from my eyes.

A nurse came inside running to me.

"Miss, Calm down."

"Sanskaar, Dad... Where are they?" I asked.

"They are outside. Just wait for a moment." With that she rushed back outside leaving me in alone again. I could feel bandages on my forehead, arm and a huge one on my leg.

Again the door opened and but this time it was a lady doctor accompanied by the same nurse who came in before.

"Can you here me, Miss?" I tried to talk but the mask didn't let me to do and so I gave a nod.

"I'll take the oxygen mask just let me know if you feel uneasy when breathing without it, Right?" I again gave a nod.

She slowly took the mask off from me and I took a breathe in.

"Okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah.."

"You are alright now." She smiled while I too gave a faint smile.

She placed the stethoscope on chest and checked my heart beat and told something to the nurse which I was least bothered. I wanted to see dad and him.

"Can I... meet my.."

"Too desperate, huh?" She smiled. "I'll tell them to see you now." She left taking the stethoscope in her hand.

I closed my eyes taking in a few breathes in again. I feel so drowsy and tired.

Hearing the door opening sound I again opened my eyes to see my dad rushing in. I tried to get up and before I could even have a look at his face properly nor get up I was pulled into a tight hug. Due to the sudden force of the hug my wounds pained but I bit my lip so that I won't hiss.

"You are fine.. you are really fine." He kept repeating those words again and again.  He sounded so worried and I know the reason. I was the only one left after maa's demise and all of a sudden seeing me completely drenched in blood....... I felt sorry... Sorry for thinking about dying rather than hoping to live even though I am already.

Dad caught my arm which had a bandage and whined in pain a little. He immediately withdrew me from the hug.

"Princess.. I'm so sorry I.."

"God! Mr. King I'm alright." I smiled.

"You are." He too smiled.

I took a look at his face. He looked completely drained out and his eyes were drooping as if he had not slept for days.

"Uncle." Dad and I looked at door opening. That voice.... It's him.

"Come in sanskaar. You know princess, that boy hadn't left your side for the entire 6 days. Except for taking shower."