C H A P T E R: 19

Such an awkward silence in the car!

We are now on the way to go home and it's past 11 or to say it's going to be midnight soon. I looked at him who was busy driving the car all calm and serene. He was driving as if everything is normal. He wasn't like other boy who shrug away their responsibilities in a minute to live their life and search for a new beginnings. He took up the responsibility from a very tender age, he hid his pain in front of everyone and pretends to be happy with his family members and gives a cold shoulder to others. He needs a break from all this but I know he can't keep away his responsibilities down just like that but a little bit of happiness is needed for everyone. He needs it for sure. It's going to be just a day but I'm damn sure my idea which popped from my head right now would make a large impact on him.

All of a sudden he looked at me and I was caught staring at him and I quickly looked away.

The road was plain and lonely with few flickering yellow road lights and very rarely vehicles passing by. That's really so boring staring at the plain road for me and phone battery had already died as I forgot to put it on charge. Maybe a little music will kill my boredom I guess.... My fingers went to press on the radio in the car and my finger brushed with his as we both switched on the radio. I looked at him while he was staring at our hands. I withdrew my finger and so he did.

Har pal meriyaan yadaan
yadaan vich ae tun
dil di gal main dassan
te dassan fir kinnu...

Is that what you call a situation song? Mm....

I don't know what made me look at him but unknowingly I did and found him already looking at me. Seeing him my mind only flashes those moments we shared a kiss. I quickly averted my eyes to hide my flaming cheeks.

The song went on and so did my crazy thoughts and my fluttering heart. The night travel seems to be long yet soothing beside him.

Dheere dheere se meri zindagi mein aana
dheere dheere se dil ko churaana
tumse pyaar hume hai kitna jaane jaana
tumse mil kar tumko hai batana.....

~

"Princess why do you have black circles under your eyes? Didn't you sleep well?"

Black circles? I threw the towel on the bed which I was using to rub off my wet cheeks and rushed to see myself on the mirror.

Heck! I seriously got black circles under my eyes. Mm... I actually didn't sleep well last night so.. yeah!

"It's fine Mr. King." I shrugged away.

I've got to hide this thing with makeup. I took my hair dryer and started drying my hairs.

"Was everything okay there last night?" I stopped. I actually didn't say anything about what happened to mom last night.

"Mom.. she suddenly got unwell." I really don't know how well she is doing right now.

"Unwell? She had PTSD but she was actually doing well for some years then how come?" Wait... He even knows everything about her?

"Dad you---"

"Did he tell anything about it?" He asked while I nodded in no. I wanted to know this thing badly but I can't force him to know everything but all I just know is that has a terrible past which made their entire family to suffer.