C H A P T E R: 21

"It is about me.. my past!" And I froze hearing those words from him. Sanskaar was actually going to say about him to me? I looked at him, he looked calm and composed yet serious and tensed a little. An sudden wave of seriousness washed over me.

"Sanskaar.. you can even not tell me this now. Only if you are comfortable I am hearing this." Yes, that's my point. I don't want to know him well if it is going to invade his personal space. He can take this slow and I won't force to know it as well.

"I heard that sharing a little can make you feel better so yeah... I'm good going with that so may I?" If he really wants to share then I am not going to stop him and I am actually looking forward to what he was going to say.

"I.. my childhood was not like others. When other kids of my age went out to a happy family dinner dates and outings I was only witnessing my father and mother's harsh arguments and sometimes even violence. After every fight he drinks and vent his anger on my mother by torturing her. It continued for... 5 years. Mom demanded divorce and soon they got divorce that very year." He paused and my heart felt a knot and it hurted me so badly. Just a thought of all the hurt but I really could not imagine sanskaar going through so much at that age. He deserved to have an happy life like other kids.

"Later an year Mom got remarried to Ram papa due to my grandparents pressure. Raj dad and ram papa were best friends back then. Ram papa took care of me more than his own son. I.. saw my mother too happy again. That smile... I never her smile like that again before and after..."

What...

"After mom's remarriage I never saw my biological dad Raj Malhotra again until...." He paused and took a deep breath in maybe the upcoming was going to be more tragic.

"I.. can never forget... that day." He stood up and stared at the sky.

"It was a dark night with heavy rain that day that even we had an alert of more heavy thunderstorms and rain.... I came out of my bed and I don't know why but then... I saw..." He paused abruptly and closed his tightly and I know he was in pain. I quickly got up and entangled my fingers with him. Feeling my fingers he opened his eyes and looked at me while I gave an assuring smile.

No, I can't see him like this and maybe I should stop him.

"It's... fine swara." he smiled painfully and it hurted me really so bad.

"I.. I saw him sta.. stabbing papa.. I saw him dying.. in front.. of my eyes. He... Mom came hearing my shout and she was pregnant with uttra that time. Papa.. died and mom was diagnosed with PTSD and I.. was also diagnosed with MDD."

This is.. horrible infact really.. I don't know what to say. He actually witnessed his biological father killing his another father. That was really so terrific. I just get it why he actually make himself isolated. He must have gone through so much! So much that one could not explain.

"Hey! Don't you dare pity on me." He warned me.

"Idiot." I slapped his arm. "Friends don't pity!" I said coming out of my thoughts.

"They do! It's just you don't." He said after a pause.

"After all I'm not them, I'm special." I winked and giggled lightly while he left out a dry chuckle.

I took the empty mug from him and stood up.

"This house... Is my first house! Where my parents lived their life together and this is the place where my whole childhood was in but after maa's expiry... This place reminded so much about her.. after all this house was, is and will be lifeless without her but... We come here whenever we feel low as we believe my mother still lives here and we feel her presence more here which gives peace." I started walking towards to the kitchen after saying that and placed the mug on the sink. I should wash it later.