18 • this is time to be stronger

Chenle's father returned the next day.

Jisung was actually out because Mark kept saying something about a full sun necklace he wanted to buy, so he reluctantly left the boy, who said it was alright. Jimin and Jungkook were out for the time being as well, as the younger had planned a trip to Tokyo for the older's birthday, and since Chenle was eighteen now, he could stay back alone.

The chinese was quite scared when he heard that his father was returning, and he couldn't help feeling uneasy as nobody was home. It may sound weird, as it was just his father, but Chenle didn't feel as if the man who was sat infront of him was his father. He didn't love him, as he once did. It was long gone.

"Zhong Chenle," The man said, glaring at the young boy.

"Yes?" He said, avoiding his gaze. Something was up, and Chenle could feel it.

He felt a stinging sensation on his cheek the following moment.

"Look at me when I speak to you, pathetic boy!"

Chenle's eyes widened. It wasn't the slap, but the words.

"W-What?"

His father smirked.

"Don't think I know about you and your little boyfriend? And the audacity you had to speak to me the other day. I can't believe that your mother and I put up with you for so long," The man kept his eyes on the boy, who was now looking at him, his pink hair falling onto his face as he shuddered. He didn't care about what'd happen to him, but Jisung? Chenle would die before he would see Jisung experience pain.

"Please don't hurt him.. I'll do anything," His voice cracked, tears threatening to fall out of his eyes, but he kept them in, for his mother.

"Anything, huh?" The man repeated. Chenle nodded, with pleading eyes. The man he despised so much could say anything, but for the sake of Jisung, he'd do it.

"Stay away from him. Leave this house and move to an apartment. As long as you two won't be close together."

Chenle froze in his place.
"I-I can't do that," the boy shivered at the thought of leaving him.

Another punch came to his face.

"I have my sources, and I can pull anything to ruin this boy's life, do you understand?" He yelled, gripping onto the smaller's hair, and yanking it harshly.

Chenle broke out a ragged cough, blood pooling out of his nose.

"Y-Yes father."

The man smiled.

"I've bought your apartment. Not too far from here but enough so that you'll transfer to a new school. You will begin starting from September."

Chenle nodded, unable to speak as he looked down. His breaths came out shaky as he attempted to regain his composure, seeing the shiny black shoes retreat, and a moment later, the main door shutting.

"It's for Jisung. It's for Jisung. He'll be fine if I do this. I can do this."

Chenle wiped the blood from his nose away angrily as he ran upstairs to his bedroom, pulling out a few suitcases.

"It's for Jisung," He kept mumbling, ignoring the red liquid as he stuffed everything into his bags. Clothes, accessories, polaroids of him and the korean. How he hated his father at the moment. Could he not open his eyes and accept the community around him? Could he not understand the rights of a human and how love is open to everyone? He hated his father for this. Pushing down all of his things into the bags, he picked them up and looked at the address his father had texted him.

With one more scan around the bare room, something caught his eye in the far end.

He left the football on his bed, knowing Jisung would come back to this room.

"All for Jisung." He murmured.

[ k i know it takes ages to pack and shit but this is a fanfic so bam he's done ]

Chenle ran up to the window of his bedroom, and saw a black limousine awaiting him in the driveway.

Just the thoughts of leaving his boyfriend tugged at his heart. Just when he'd found somebody, another person had to snatch it away like it was nothing. It was something though. But if he had to do this to protect Jisung, he would.

"I'm coming," he called to down below him.

The bags followed behind him as he pulled on the handles, reaching the main door of the house. No regrets. I can't look back. Not now. The chinese mumbled to himself, cursing as he lugged the bags out of the front door, slamming it without hesitating.

"I love you, Jisung."

The man by the car door helped Chenle place all of the suitcases into the back, and into the front seats as the chinese took his seat near the backseat of the limousine.

"Thank you," Chenle muttered to the driver who just gave him a simple nod, removing his glasses to reveal his full thick eyebrows and chocolate brown orbs.

"Chenle, are you alright?" He asked, as he began the drive.

"I'm not okay, Jun, but I'm sure that I'll get used to it. After all, it's what I've been doing for all these years isn't it?" He sighed, making himself comfortable. Xiaojun nodded, thinking back to a few days ago, when he passed the cctv laptop to the elder man. He regretted it now, seeing the look on the younger's face.

He rolled up the black divider between the two, and continued the journey down the highway.

Chenle was too busy in his thoughts to think about his actual surroundings though. What about everybody else? His father had told him previously to cut off ties with Jimin, which he had to do with everyone now, as he was moving.

A beep from his phone snatched him out of his thoughts.

~ father

Son, I hope you know I'm just doing all of this for you, to help you.

Chenle scoffed and shoved the phone into his hoodie pocket. Help him. Sure.

All it was doing was destroying him.