30 • ending scene

thank u so much for all the love and support- i never thought this book would get so much as 20 views but here we are with 2.75k reads and 250 and so views! i actually love you all so much and i'm so glad u chose this book, and i hope u followed me bc i'm thinking of making more nct books or requested ship books so please message or put it on my announcement board! i love to hear your recommendations 💜💜
•••••••••••••

"Hi baby."

Jisung stood in the almost empty hospital room, rocking the pink creature in his arms slightly, staring at it with nothing but love.

"I'm your daddy, baby,"

He fixed caressed the child's forehead with his thumb, smiling at him with glossy eyes as he pressed a small kiss to the surface of his head, and the child let out a small squeak of happiness.

"Do you wanna meet your papa?" he asked, voice breaking slightly but the young boy shook it off and smiled again. The baby let out the same squeak and Jisung grinned.

He took a few small steps over to the white hospital bed with a white cover over it, and a bump under, frozen cold. He took a quick glance around so none of the doctors were there and he lifted it up gently, just to his torso revealing a boy, as pale as his hair, his eyes shut peacefully with his pale mouth closed.

"This is your papa baby, say hi," the purple-haired boy said, leaning the young baby down so his small hand could touch Chenle's cold cheek. The baby proceeded to keep his hand there and not let go- regardless of being a newborn baby, he could tell if he was attached to this man.

Slowly, Jisung moved Chenle's ice-cold arms to hold the baby, and hug him. Somehow, this time, the baby stopped being so cranky and fell aslee right in the cold figure of the dead boy infront of them.

"Love, he loves you," the young boy whispered, smiling at seeing the two together. Disregarding the fact that the boy was long gone, Jisung leant down to place a slow, passionate kiss on his lips, and caressed his cheek.

"You make such a good papa, Lele," Jisung mumbled, pulling back as he took his phone out, and took a picture of the two. Dead or not, Chenle looked ethereal, like an angel with his hair the same shade as his skin.

Reluctant to pull the newborn away from his other father, he carefully slid his hands to pick the child up, pressing another kiss on his lover's lips.

"I love both of my babies."

And he covered the sheet up just when a doctor entered the room.

"You've been so strong, I appreciate it and you are now able to take the child home. Sorry for your loss, Mr. Park."

Jisung put on a small smile before shaking his head.
"I'm Mr. Zhong now."

•••••

Once the purple haired boy had reached home safely, through his taxi, he pecked his baby's head and sat on the sofa in the room opposite the kitchen, with the child wrapped up in a pink fluffy blanket in his lap.

"Lei, I just want to let you know that I'm sorry for everything I've done to wreck your life already. You don't deserve it but neither do I, okay? I love Chenle as much as I love you and I hope that when you grow up, you'll realise how much I do, and how much your father does, even if he's not physically here. You are such a strong child, and don't let anybody tell you that you killed your father, because you brought happiness to him. If he were alive right now, he'd be in more guilt than he'd ever have been, and you are a blessing to both of us, do you understand? Don't let anybody tell you otherwise."

Jisung looked at the child carefully, who had now nuzzled into his chest, and a small breath was laying on his exposed skin, causing him to smile.

Standing up, he took the baby to his and Chenle's shared room, where everything had been the exact same as it had been since earlier this morning. He gently laid the small creature in his arms down into the silk sheets, and sat beside him, cradling him close.

"He's just a newborn, and he already resembles his father.." Jisung muttered, trailing off as he continued to examine the baby with him, who had wisps of white-blonde hair on the top of his head in small curls.

The purple-haired boy sighed and fell onto his back, so it hit the bed with one arm still enveloping the small baby.

His back suddenly hit something a bit sharp-edged and he winced as he sat up, trying not to wake up his baby.

He stretched his arm back to reach for the thing poking him, and pulled it back.

He chuckled, remembering how excited he was when he bought it.

"You're too late Jisung," he whispered to himself, turning the velvet box in his hands.

"Too late."

••••• fin •••••

i hope you enjoyed 'transfer' ): i'm sorry to end it at such a sad note but regardless, i spent so much time into this and i hope it paid off, whether it left you happy or sad, i hope you enjoyed it. tbh, i was close to crying too near the end of this, but i'm glad that i wrote this, hoping for it to get mildly successful and i'm proud of what i've achieved thanks to you guys.

i love you all and please await the epilogue coming soon !!

~ dolphinle